Review

Cj64
Level 2
Shepreth, United Kingdom

Review

I am reluctant to leave a review for a family who stayed. They took us up on a number of things and I really don't wish to lose our good rating. I also don't wish to have any further contact with them. They were visiting his mother and didn't seem to want to stay in the first place. 

12 Replies 12
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Cj64 why are you reluctant to review them? I would urge you to do so if they weren't good guests: please do take the opportunity to warn other hosts. There's no reason it should negatively impact your ratings. And if they're going yo review you negatively, they can do it whether you review or not, so not much of a reason for holding back. If they haven't reviewed you and you don't want to remind them about it, don't write the review until the last minute. 

Cj64
Level 2
Shepreth, United Kingdom

Thank you for your reply. 

I am expecting a long list of complaints and simply don't wish to get into that discussion. They raised some legitemate points but they were fussy.

I would therefore rather not have their review posted.

Hi @Cj64 ,

Welcome to the community! 😊

Airbnb always encourage the host and guest to leave an honest review aligned with the Airbnb Policy. Yes, you can still write a review for your guest to help future host and Airbnb community.

Please do not forget to visit the link that I sent above for Airbnb Review Policy.

Airbnb's Review Policy
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2673

Airbnb's Content Policy
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546

Happy Hosting ✌️

@Cj64  You declining to leave a review has no bearing on their review being posted. If they leave a review it will be posted 14 days after check out whether you leave one or not.

Cj64
Level 2
Shepreth, United Kingdom

Thanks again.

I have today to complete a review. I can only expect to say something along the lines of we came up short and it hopefully will not happen again.

@Cj64 you mean that's what you're afraid they're going to say? I wouldn't worry about it: you can respond to their review to let your future guests know your side of the story. As @Sarah977 says, if they decide to submit a review, it will be published whether you review or not, so you may as well take the opportunity to let other hosts know what you experienced. 

@Cj64 

Without the details, it sure seems a visit you want to forget.

Its your prerogative whether to leave a review or not.

If it is near the end of the review period and you do decide to write one, it triggers a reminder to the guest if they wish to reciprocate.

Although some might say its your moral duty to write one, letting one slip away is sometimes the streetwise thing to do.

Cj64
Level 2
Shepreth, United Kingdom

I think letting it slip away on this occasion is best. I can see it opening a can of worms otherwise.

Many thanks

Hi @Cj64 

@Elena87  do point out correctly. She do have a right point.👍

@Cj64  So you are planning to never leave reviews for objectionable guests who you think will leave you a bad review?

You realize that you would be doing a disservice to other hosts by not warning them of bad guests?  This is how bad guests get passed around, making all their hosts' lives unpleasant. Would you not appreciate being warned of guests like this so you would have an opportunity to not accept a booking from them?

@Cj64 I agree that sometimes letting one slip is appropriate. However, if the guest is going to write you a review, it will be on your profile regardless. You can leave it to the last few minutes if the guest hasn't written you one yet, and you wish to avoid triggering them to write one, and use the old "X stayed three nights" nugget, with appropriate stars. That at least puts future hosts on alert that maybe these guests should get a pass, and you avoid any drama coming back to bite you.

@Cj64  What? You plan to apologize in your review of the guests? For what? Review the guests' behavior-  you shouldn't write something that is a response to what you think they might say in a review. If they write something critical and unfair, you can leave a response to that review.