Review

Answered!
Karen239
Level 1
Pointe-Claire, Canada

Review

This past Friday I hosted a couple that booked for 2 people, allowing them to check in 6 hours after regular check in time. upon arriving there was 3 people I welcome the third person into my home like any othe guest I have welcomed before! 3 hours after they arrived into my home at 3 in the morning they checked out apparently due to cleanness and allergies! They room that I made available for them had just had fall cleaning done in it, yes i have animals and they do have free run of my home! If you wish not to have my pets in your room then please close the door and not leave it open for the pet walk in!
After them checking out they left the room a mess with trash on the floor!
They left a bad review and also said that my home was a mess!
In the past I was a professional cleaner and I live by the rule a clean home is a happy home
1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Nowhere in your listing does it show photos of your pets, nor are they mentioned in your description. The only reference I can see is that you have 'some pets'.

Personally unless there were exceptional circumstances I wouldn't have accepted a guest turning up six hours late and then finding there was an additonal guest.

I would review your listing to make it clear in words and through photo's that you are a dog friendly house.

Also ensure in your guest rules that only guests who have booked and paid to stay at your home will be accomdated.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Deborah1
Level 10
Beaufort, SC

Karen:

I wished that you had reached out before you responded to guest comments. You brought up some items that must have been in the private section since only your response made it known that it had even been a concern. (noise and size of room). All you can do now is let it get buried with good reviews. You have lots of good ones and I think people will see this as one that should not have booked if they had allergies.

I had someone check in that confirmed before booking that they knew I had a cat and had allergies but it would be fine. We listened with concern as she coughed and weezed for hours. I then added to the listing that our home is not appropriate with those with cat allergies!

Good luck and happy hosting.

Deborah

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I had a look at the listing and from a quick glance I did not get the idea of pets. I looked at pics, read the header but no further (which is often how guests read it). I suggest posting a nice pic of the pets and maybe deleting one of the almost duplicates of the bed, for instance. You will attract those who love animals and keep the allergic guests away. I once stayed somewhere the cat slept on my bed, I loved it as it was a novelty.

Onward and up! Miaou!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Nowhere in your listing does it show photos of your pets, nor are they mentioned in your description. The only reference I can see is that you have 'some pets'.

Personally unless there were exceptional circumstances I wouldn't have accepted a guest turning up six hours late and then finding there was an additonal guest.

I would review your listing to make it clear in words and through photo's that you are a dog friendly house.

Also ensure in your guest rules that only guests who have booked and paid to stay at your home will be accomdated.

Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

I have a cat but i keep the cat out of the airbnb room even when i dont have guests. Otherwise the dander gets in there.

Your ad should say MUST LOVE PETS or PET LOVERS ONLY