Review

Meg0
Level 1
GoldCoast

Review

How do I leave a review for a guest? I'm following the step by step instructions and it keeps saying "there are no reviews to leave. Time to make another trip! It's indicating that I am a guest not a host!? Can anyone help?
5 Replies 5
Luciana-and-Larry0
Level 1
Trancoso, Brazil

I'm having the same issue! I hope someone can help us..

You are probably logged in as a guest. It happens to me all the time. Go to your photo in the top right hand corner and then choose "logout". Login again and hopefully you will be in your host account.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I am having the same issue even though I logged out and logged back in as "Dave and Deb" suggested, making sure to use my "host" login.  The website knows I'm a host, showing me my most recent (first and only) guest, but says I have no reviews pending.  So, I can't leave a review for my guests, who were great guests.  I'm not too worried about that, because my guests have a half dozen good reviews already, but I also haven't seen a review from them.  They might be busy because they are still traveling, but I wanted to make sure that there is not some sort of "order" associated with reviews.  E.g. The host has to leave a review about the guest before the guest leaves a review about the host, or vice verse.  That said, I would think that I, the host, would be be able to leave a review about the guest regardless of whether they have left a review about me.

In addition to the above, the "Messages" label at the top right of my Dashboard shows a red "1", which was from their reservation a few days ago, but I see no way to get rid of it.  I've archived the reservation request, but still a red "1" shows up next to the "Messages" label, as though it is some sort of Alert that I have not dealt with.

I'm wondering if either of these issues might be some sort of cached information on my browser due to cookies or something.  Is my account in some sort of weird state?  Anyone have any ideas?

Ignore my posting...  AirBnB just took a couple days before it asked for me to do a review.  (Perhaps AirBnB isn't using the host location's timezone?)  The notification issue went away when I logged into my mobile AirBnB app.  (Maybe the notification doesn't get cleared until all platforms have been notified?)  Anyway, all good now.

Tania6
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

Good to know have looked everywhere for where I place a host review as a first time user of airbnb was keen to say a big thank you to my lovely guests and couldn't find where so looking at this I will wait a couple of days to see if comes up