Reviews and ratings

Rosa42
Level 2
Machynlleth, United Kingdom

Reviews and ratings

Hello there,

I am a new host and my reviews and ratings have been rather good so far, but recently I've had two rather low ratings (with good reviews!). So I have 2 questions please:

1) How can I tell for sure which guest left which rating (especially when reviews are left on the same day or within a day of each other)?

2) I think I know which guest gave me a rating of 1 for accuracy, though her review was very good. In her private accuracy feedback, she even said that the listing WAS accurate.

Is there anything that hosts can do about this kind of massive discrepancy between feedback and rating? If the guest left me a 4, I would have let go but a 1...!?

Many thanks and best wishes,

Rosa

3 Replies 3
Nicky-And-Julian0
Level 5
East Molesey, United Kingdom

It's difficult to work out which left you which if they are both on the same day.  I tend to delay reviewing one until I have the other but it can't always be helped.  The 'Stats' section will tell you about your most recent reviews - and if you keep a record (there is a handy download on the finance section) you can see if one of the numbers changes.

If there is a discrepancy, you can ask customer services to look at it but ultimately I think you need to ask the guest to ask them to change it.  Do a search for the numbers to call.  A 1 can be hard when you are starting out.

Good luck.

Rosa42
Level 2
Machynlleth, United Kingdom

Hello,

Thank you for your message, it's very helpful.

By going through the stats, it has confirmed that it was the guest I thought. I got in touch with her (we got on very well) and it wasn't her intention at all to give me 1 star. She's not very savvy with computers and said that she found it hard to fill in the review information.

I'll contact airbnb perhaps via Twitter and see what they suggest.

Thanks again!

Rosa

Georgiana3
Level 2
England, GB

Dear Rosa and everyone else!

I've been a host for many years. Recently my ratings have gone down - i always used to have 5* overall and now have 4.5 - I too have no idea why. I am marked down for OVERALL EXPERIENCE, VALUE and sometimes even CLEANLINESS. The guests are constantly charming in their written reviews (apart from the odd one which doesnt make sense as it's badly written) but then stick the knife in with the ratings.

If anyone has any ideas about what I can do, please help. I have the place professionally cleaned for everyone, recdecorate regularly and would find it difficult to make money if i lowered the price. 

The type of guests I wish to attract are high class smart, professional guests who would normally stay in a hotel - and I do have some of those who come back on repeat occasions -  if i reduced the price I feel it would encourage a lower class of guest who wouldnt appreciate the place.

This is my flat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2235115 

Best wishes

Georgiana