Reviews not showing

Lawrence23
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Reviews not showing

Hi everyone,

This is my first time using the community center so I hope I have come to the right place.

I recently concluded my second stay in two months, and for the second time, my review has not appeared on my host's page, nor have I received any feedback. In the past, I have written up my review within 24 hours of vacating the rental, and hosts tend to have provided their reviews (all positive, incidentally) within a further 24 hours.

As I am not a host, can someone tell me whether hosts can choose to 'block' guest reviews? That would not seem appropriate as they would then only publicy publish positive reviews of their own place. In which case, does this seem like a glitch: perhaps my review is somehow getting lost in the ether (though it is on my REVIEWS page) and therefore not triggering the response from a host?

Any help much appreciated... seeing as I treat each stay as a means of building my credibility for future stays, and so to miss two reviews when I have been a considerate, clean and otherwise excellent guest is frustrating!

Thank you.

66 Replies 66
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Lawrence23  Reviews are published publicly once (a) the other party writes their review, or (b) after 14 days have elapsed, whichever comes first.

Hosts and/or guests cannot block reviews.  One party not writing a review doesn't prevent the other party's review from appearing.

Hi Cynthia and Chris,

Thanks for your reply, which makes total sense. I guess the reason I am confused is because the review for my stay in January has not appeared on the host's page... despite the review appearing in my review section. I then sent a message to that host and never received a reply so just wrote it off, but now it looks like it might be happening a second time... strange!

Lawrence

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Lawrence23 have you contacted Airbnb to ask them - full contacts at the top of this forum

Seems fishy this whole system to begin 

@Simmy2 It really isn't. A review is not published before both parts guest/host has submitted a review OR if only one part wrote a review after the 14 days of review period is over. Otherwise it wouldn't really be possible to leave a truthfull/honest review.

The reviews are not shown in cronological order on the listing - but if you go to host's profile you will see all reviews in cronological order.

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

Hi Sandra, reviews not showing chronologically is one of my bug-bears. Can you please enlighten me on how a guest can go to my Profile to see reviews in chronological order? 

Hi @Dixie7 🙂🙂

If they "press" on your profile picture they will come to your profile.

When a guest looks at your listing the guest will see reviews that the system believes to be relevant. A french guest will see reviews written in french first - the same with spanish guest. So those reviews you see first is not the reviews your guest will see first. It depends on from where they come from.

Best, Sandra 

Lolita7
Level 1
Malaysia

Same thing here. Only can see my review in My reviews column but it is not publish on the host page and can't even contact the Airbnb helpline or their email. 😕😵

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Lolita,

Welcome to the Community Centre!

If you navigate to the Community Centre homepage and then search for Contact Airbnb, you should be able to find a guide on ways to contact Airbnb.

Let us know how you get on.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

i have the same problem and cant contact Airbnb! One of my reviews for a host does not appear on their page ( it was there for only 2 days) it was not a bad review at all, quite the contrery. However, i did deduct stars due to bad communication on the day of check in and problems accessing their property (Our host did not communicate with us and did not reply to our message the day before or on the day of check in and we couldn't get into her house. even so, I did not make this public but only told her in the private feedback) . I have noticed that this host has full stars and my review is now not on her page, which makes me feel that hosts can manipulate their ratings. Im trying to get answers to this as it makes me very weary to trust airbnb reviews in the future

Sid19
Level 1
Woodford, United Kingdom

I have the same problem, why airbnb not make it simple? The monwy they charge, you will think they manage things much better. Ebay is doing a better job with reviews than airbnb.

Kelly244
Level 2
New York, NY

My reviw isnt showing and its obvious why. I had literally the WORST experience as a tenant. Windows dont open, washing machine broken, no cutlery, on and on. I ended up only staying 16 nights before leaving. Guess what they charged me? The FULL amount: over 3000 dollars. Unreal. I was so upset. meanwhile, the critical reviw I left? Not showing up. Gee, I wonder why. I am insane with rage over this whole thing, Airbnb is DISGUTSING.

THIS IS THE PLACE: [Link hidden]

BE SURE TO NEVER STAY THERE. I think airbnb just doesnt post critical reviews. When I read the couple of reviews she has up, they are GLOWING. Weird. If anyone has any advice, pls lmk. 

I am wondering the same thing. Are negative reviews not published? I didn't post any feelings in my review, only facts. Therefore I believe it's important for others to know how terrible this host was. Despite me calling AirBandB for help with the matter, nothing was resolved. And now, the only recourse I have is to review the place and it won't publish. However, the host was allowed to publish her review of me as a guest and it was thoroughly false. Can we block their reviews?

the same thing just happened to me!  I had a terrible host and really thoujght people should knw. somehow it appears only under reviews written by me but not on the host's lisiting page -- as if I never stayed. nI looked it up and it is Airbnb's prerogative to NLOT list your review if it falls way outside the guidlines, as I'm sure mine did -- aving had a similar experience to yours.