Reviews to guide accepting a booking

Answered!
Kaz13
Level 2
Gold Coast, AU

Reviews to guide accepting a booking

Hi I'm new to Airbnb and wondered how to respond to an enquiry from someone wanting a 2 weeks stay - they have no reviews, no profile pic, only verification is email and I'm wondering how risky it is without reviews? 

Thanks for any advice 🙂

Kaz

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Kaz13

You could start with asking them to complete their profile according to your requirements, give reason for their visit etc. Tell them that their profile and their profile photo must match their ID.  

If they are unwilling to do so, they have something to hide and best declined.  Make sure you decline within the 24 hour time frame.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Kaz13

You could start with asking them to complete their profile according to your requirements, give reason for their visit etc. Tell them that their profile and their profile photo must match their ID.  

If they are unwilling to do so, they have something to hide and best declined.  Make sure you decline within the 24 hour time frame.

Thanks Marit Anne

She has added her profile picture, it also says verified Govt ID, Selfie, email....I have no idea if her profile photo matches her ID - is there some way I can find that? Sorry I'm such a novice - thank you so much for your help.

@Kaz13

Sounds promising  - just keep up the conversation to find out more about the guest so that you are comfortable accepting.

There is no way to check if ID matches, but it can be a turn-off for a dishonest person if you ask or tell them so.

On arrival, you can see with your own eyes if the person arriving is the person in the profile picture.  

It may be a requirement from your city to take ID details and report to the relevant authorities.

Thanks Marit Anne

you've been amazing! I'm engaging her in some conversation so hopefully all is well....I have accepted the booking. Here goes 🙂

Thank you again!