Reviews

Rina8
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Reviews

I recently (June 2020) had a traveler reach out to me to ask if we have reopened for bookings as they only see the last guests review from March of 2020. To my surprise a recent guest's( May 24-31, 2020)  review did not post in the order of recent review but rather was filed sandwiched along other reviews in 2019 and 2018 of what it seems like a category of ethnicity? At least that is what it appears. The support personnel who was helping me with my compliant said tech support had filed this under region of original location. I have never heard of such a thing which seems to violate Airbnb" policy of racial non-discrimination.  We keep a close track of reviews from all of our listings as we look for feedback. We have always seen current reviews to post at the top of the review rather than group by regions. Can someone explain this further? Has anyone have this occur to your listing?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rina8  Yes, this is normal. Reviews are not in chronological order. It doesn't have anything to do with discrimination- for instance, because my listing is in Mexico, a Mexican guest will see the reviews from my Mexican guests first. An American guest will see the reviews from your other American guests first. 

Personally, I'd like them to be in chronological order, simply because you might have changed something about your listing since the most recent review showing (which may be from a year ago) may no longer reflect those changes. Like if a few guests mentioned the mattress wasn't comfortable, but you've since replaced it.