Reviews

Korosh0
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Reviews

I recently had a group stay at my home. They gave a 5 star review in all areas except value. They gave a 4. I am now trying to dispute it as the review as whole averaged out to a 4. I’m confused as to how that makes any sense. Value is extremely subjective and if you are giving a 5 in all other areas how could a 4 in value be logical.  I have asked the review to be removed and ambassadors suggest to work on that area. Work on what?!? Any suggestions would be great. 

3 Replies 3
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Korosh0 

Isn't it just the case that the overall mark is independently scored and not derived from the average mark of the sub categories.

If so, you can easily see that's been discussed ad nauseam on this forum.

To ''work on that area'', simply a euphemism for shoo.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Korosh0 The overall score is a separate category and the only one that contributes to the property rating that shows up on your listing.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Korosh0  You can't get a star rating changed, or a review removed unless it violates Airbnb review policy, so don't waste your time with customer service.

Your overall rating isn't an average of the category ratings. The guests gave you a 4* Overall rating.

And guests will give whatever star rating they choose- it won't necessarily make sense to you. Value is one that is often marked down. Seems like guests would almost always prefer that they had paid less, no matter how reasonable your price is. 🙂