Reviews

James-and-Yas0
Level 1
Taunton, United Kingdom

Reviews

Hi hosts, 

I'm struggling a little with how to rate my current stay. I know 4* reviews are terrible for hosts, and I've never previously left one. At my current stay everything is as advertised, the facilities are great and I've enjoyed it. However, when it comes to sleeping the room is just far too hot and stuffy, and the host has said we can't open the windows because they are broken, and there are some terrible paper blinds up positioned around 4 inches from the windows, so loads of light comes in at all times. Used our usual fudges of tin foil etc where possible, but it's nowhere near perfect. I always have problems with light when sleeping, but my partner doesn't, and here she is also really struggling. Because I don't know my host and don't know if a 5* review plus a comment on this will work, I would side with giving a 4* review. I also just noticed a review that I didn't see when booking, that also complains about the sleeping codntitons and windows a few months ago, so the issue hasn't been fixed. Apologies for the long message, I just want to be considerate by not screwing my host over, but at the same time trying to improve the experience for future guests.

Many thanks

James 

4 Replies 4
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Maybe talk to the hosts about it ?

If the Windows will not open its a fire risk. If they are sash Windows you can sometime force open the upper sash.

Sadly some people are not prepared to invest in their property and Airbnb is probably not a good fit for them. The review system rapidly eliminates them. 

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

James and Yas, I am unable to tag you.  It is totally unacceptable to have to sleep in a room where the windows will not open and it is even worse that the host knows about this and has done nothing to resolve the problem.  Have a word with your host and explain how you  are finding it difficult to sleep but do not leave 5 stars, or even 4, for something that is so unsatisfactory.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@James0 and Yas  It's very noble of you to be concerned about giving a host a 4* review- we'd all love such nice guests (and ones who actually understand and care about how ratings affect hosts). But I agree with Rachel, the sleeping conditions sound completely unacceptable, and since the host has been called out on it before (and long enough before to have addressed the situation) and ignored it, I would not worry about rating this less than 5 stars. It's not at all okay to be renting out a bedroom where guests can't actually get a decent night's sleep. 

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @James0 &Yas

Can you ask the host to turn down the thermostat?

If your host can’t resolve your problems of too hot and stuffy a room with light pouring through the gaps in the blinds, that interferes with sleep.......it’s  not 5 star accommodation, is it?