Reviews

Answered!

Reviews

I was recently reviewed by a guest who has never met me, neither has she seen the property. She did not reply to any of my messages or the messages that Air bnb sent regarding her booking. And I was given permission by Air by Bnb to only cancel the booking after her time of arrival. All the communication is on the Air bnb site to  see. The booking went through and Air bnb paid the booking fee into my account and will again take the paid fee from my further bookings. But this is a fraudulent review because the guest has not met me and she has not seen th property. Is there anything I can do about this please?

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Renee65  It appears that the guest reviewed the communication issues leading to the cancellation and your response explained what happened.  Should not be a problem for you in the future. 

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Renee65  It appears that the guest reviewed the communication issues leading to the cancellation and your response explained what happened.  Should not be a problem for you in the future. 

Hi Linda thank you. A guest is asked by Air bnb to review a property they have seen or an owner they have met. This is not the case. And Air bnb can see the communication and how I battled to try and help this guest. It is all black on white.

@Renee65 what happened anyway?

Why were you not able to host this guest?

I had just had a live booking from my nightsbridge browser made on the booking before I could close off my Air bnb calendar. I immediately contacted the guest to say that the property was not available. I contacted her through air bnb and her cell phone numerous times. Air bnb tried to get in touch with her as well, but to not avail. I then tried to find accommodation for the other guests that had booked, because at least I could speak to them. And I did find accommodation for them. The person from air Bnb advised me that I may only cancel the air bnb booking after check in time and I had to wait to see if the guest arrived. The apartment was empty for those dates, because I had found alternative accommodation for the other guests and the air bnb guest gave no indicatioin whatsoever that she was not coming. It really was a difficult situation which I did my best to resolve. Air bnb knew about everything just after the booking was made. They were unable to resolve the issue and have to this day not communicated any facts to me about this. This is what makes it very difficult on Air bnb. There is no adquate communication when an issue such as this arises.

@Renee65 thank you for the explanation!

I don't know about the nightsbridge thing, but can it be set to automatically update your AirBnB calendar so this kind of thing won't happen again?

It seems like a lot of stress on your part to make you responsible for closing off the AirBnB calendar every time the nightsbridge thing gets a booking.

Hi Matthew Air Bnb has up to now not worked with other booking sites on the extra-net. Is there any way I can contact the authorities about this review? It reflects badly on my property and I fell this needs to be looked in to. The evidence is all there in the correspondence. 

Contact host services

same this happpen to me this month... i had a young man who came to my appartment expecting to party and fun with friends after he read the house policy he cancelled the booking and complained the unit is different without facts and prof froi airbnb staff who was bias and not sound canceled the trip and called me the next day on easter to give me the news. to my protest he ask me to send him photos of the house on that easter afternoon or else he will resolve right away. and this young man wrote reviews as if he stayed or meet me about the house. i hve never had any guest for three years who cancelled their trip before or reported such non sense. reported to airbnb but not been resolved till now.

Was there ever any resolution to this?  We are 2 months new to Air Bnb and am curious about this in case we ever have an issue arise with the review system.  Also, is there a way for us to review a guest only for other hosts to see?  All of the reviews of guests are always glowing yet I've had several guests that dont match the hosts review of them. I dont think any of us are willing to risk a bad review of a guest if they can see them because chances are the guest will then give us a bad review.  Im on another booking site and the host review is not seen by the guest so we can give an honest reivew for other hosts to see, without fear of retaliation.

@Renee195   They are seen by the guest prior to 14 days if only you leave one or posted when both you and the guest have left one each. No one sees them in advance. 

Hi Linda, I hope you don't mind my asking a question not directly related to this, but I can't find out in Help. When a host or guest leaves a review, there's an opportunity for each to reply to their review, but how long can this thread be? Can you only leave one comment in response to a review, or can it go back and forth indefinitely?

Also, I have a situation at the moment where a guest has been determined to find fault with everything (the property is newly-built and kitted out with everything brand new so to be fair there have been a couple of valid points he's made). However, some of the complaints are either trivial in the extreme or plain ridiculous, so do I put this in a review so that other hosts are warned?  He has apparently been completely oblivous to all the additional extras which I didn't have to provide, like home-made cookies, a welcome basket, fruit bowl, free toiletries etc etc and has knocked on the door of my house twice a day sometimes to let me know about something else he's found fault with. Thanks!

@Carolyn288  Both you and your guest get one reveiw and one response that's it. Also it's best not to leave a long response as your response is actually intended for future guests to see and will use it to determine if they want to stay with you. 

As to the review for this guest. You don't want it to be pulled, so a thumbs down with 3*'s or lkess in each category. Simply write this guest would be better suited to a hotel environment. Hosts will get the warning from that and AirBnB can't pull it.  

Thanks so much Letti, this is such great advice, the phrase "would be better suited to a hotel environment" is perfect! Cheers, Carolyn

Hi can anyone please advise how one gets into contact with an admin person working for Air Bnb please?