Ridiculous Customer Service

Max364
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

Ridiculous Customer Service

I found a perfect Airbnb in Miami South Beach for an amazing price. So I booked it right away. 

Unfortunately, there was a problem with my card. Nothing to stress about yet, I called Wells Fargo, and they 'fixed' the problem. The money was send, the airbnb was booked. Or so I thought.
A couple of hours later, I decided to check. There was a message on my booking on the Airbnb site, saying 'Verification Failed'.

My booking was cancelled, but my money was gone.

I am now 20 hours further, I have been calling with Wells Fargo and Airbnb yesterday, starting at 8pm, till around 4am. 

The booking is already gone, which means I have to book another airbnb. But there is nothing NEAR the deal I was supposed to get. 

Yesterday after 4 hours or so, I was promised a coupon for 100 dollar, which they would send me 'right away to my email adress'. Which is not half enough for the time and money I have to waste on this issue. But so far it did not happen, anyway.

Today I have called Airbnb twice, after I got a hold of them after waiting 30 mins. Two times they told me a supervisor would call me back, right after the call. Did not happen, I did not get a call back. I tried calling a 3th time, after they let me wait 30 minutes again, they hung up on me without even speaking to me. 

Now I am on the phone for the 4th time, trying to get in touch with someone who can help me. Right now, as I am typing this, I have been on hold for 25 minutes already. 

This is absolutely no way to treat your customers. I have been trying to find a solution since 8pm yesterday, it is now 3 pm the next day. I am supposed to enjoy my vacation, instead this is causing me a lot of stress. 

Me and my business parter are video creators from the Netherlands.

I have been recording and filming this problem from the start, so if I am not going to be helped properly real soon, I feel forced to start sharing my horrible experience on social media. 

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Max364

This is a community of Airbnb hosts, so Airbnb self is not reading it. Sorry to hear from your bad experience with Airbnb customer service. I suggest to use the Airbnb twitter account (Airbnbhelp) to sent a message, they respond normally very quick.

Best regards, Emiel