Ripped off and Air B&B Help is not being much help

Answered!
Spyros26
Level 2
San Rafael, CA

Ripped off and Air B&B Help is not being much help

I have been using the platform for the last 3 years and 13 trips and only had great experiences to report. 

Until my latest one.

I got swindled out of over 600 euros in cleaning fees by the host among other serious problems during my stay.

I submitted evidence of the case to Air B&B Help and for the last two weeks since I raised the issue all I've gotten is template responses, getting passed from one representative to another-who repeat the template process as if they were never caught up to the previous conversation and unresponsiveness to my questions.  

If anyone has any experience and advice on the matter, I would appreciate it. 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Hosts are always saying that Airbnb favors guests and guests are always saying they favor the host, but the reality is, that both hosts and guests often get horrible treatment and it seems to be the luck of the draw depending on who you happen to have handle a case as to whether it's done in a fair manner.

It's Airbnb itself that mostly creates the situation where hosts and guests are pitted against one another, by not consistently following policies, not looking at evidence presented, or a host or guest's past history, and by allowing poorly trained, poorly paid, low level employees make decisions and having the power to close cases which are clearly unresolved.

@Heidi588

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Spyros26 

I'm part of the Community management team along with @Katie@Quincy@Nick and @Lizzie. We're definitely keeping an eye on the CC 😊

Glad I could somehow help and hope you get a resolution to your case soon.

Best,

Liv

Spyros26
Level 2
San Rafael, CA

Sounds good @Liv

I hope so too.