Roku TV

Chavonne0
Level 2
Rosamond, CA

Roku TV

I have a TV with a Roku box in each bedroom and the living room.  We have it set up with 33 channels.  Can I check the ammenity box that says I have cable TV?

5 Replies 5
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Yes

Deborah188
Level 1
California

Hello,

I see here that you have set up roku with your listing, I am just wondering how you are doing that. I bought a roku box for a longer term guest, and I'm not sure how to do this with the paid subscriptions. Do you have your own netflix account that you provide? Or Amazon Prime? I am realizing through my own personal roku in my home that once you put in the info for your netflix account, it always logs you in without asking a password. I have deactivated the credit card on file so no one can purchase anything, but if a guest comes in and uses their own netflix I am fearful their info will stay in the device and give access to future guests. Please let me know how you do it. Thank You! 

Hi Deborah,

You asked some great questions I hadn't thought about - argh!  I have Netflix and Hulu set up on each Roku.  I haven't had any problems.  I have my own personal Netflix, Hulu, and Sling on the Roku.  There is no pay-per-view charges, so it is the flat monthly fee.  We have guests that logout of my Netflix and use their own (probably so they can continue watching what they had viewed?).  I called Netflix and there's no easy way for them to hack into the system and they seem to think it was relatively safe.  We added Sling to our account after the innauguration when I realized there were some things you really need to see live and not the next day:)

Netflix limits the number of accounts you can sign into and use.  We have had guests that have left their account on the TV and we just logged back into our account and it wasn't a problem.

Personally, we love Roku and our guests seem to like it too.

Chavonne

Karen248
Level 1
Dallas, TX

I have been hosting for about 2 years and just broke down and put a TV in the apartment.  Now I am trying to figure out the best set up.  It sounds like Roku seems to work.  Would I then create a new Netflix account so they would not be using mine?  Are there free channels to watch on Roku, or just paid subscriptions?

Starla1
Level 2
Newcastle, WA

We have Roku and two antenaes as we didn't want to pay for cable at one of our houses.  We thought we would try it out and it seems to work.  We have internet and they just go into Xfinity and stream or through Roku for tons of FREE channels.  We have had 3 stolen soo far in the 3 years of doing Airbnb. Rrrrr....