Rude and awkward guest cancelling

Answered!
Dorte4
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Rude and awkward guest cancelling

Hello

I just had a guest who cancelled her stay...my policy is strikt so I got some money. Now she keeps writing me.

First she asks if I could refund her all the money, since she wasn´t aware of the cancellation policy. Then she writes

bitter sweet complains and then she asks if she can stay at least one night since I got some refund etc...

Is there a way I can close this matter , so she can´t keep sending me annoying messages?

best Dorte

1 Best Answer
Michelle1225
Level 3
New York, NY

why did she cancel the reservation ? 

Honestly you need to be very blunt with her. Tell her you are startng to feel very uncomfortable with her messages and dont appericate them. It is her job to make sure she reads the bnb she is booking 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Michelle1225
Level 3
New York, NY

why did she cancel the reservation ? 

Honestly you need to be very blunt with her. Tell her you are startng to feel very uncomfortable with her messages and dont appericate them. It is her job to make sure she reads the bnb she is booking 

Thank you Michelle - being blunt helped 😉

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Dorte4 

@Michelle1225is right. If she continues to tell her she agreed to your policy before booking, Airbnb is handling payments and refunds for you so she has to deal with Airbnb, not you.

Some hosts would offer a partial refund for days they will be able to rebook, but it is their goodwill, they / you don't have to do this.

Dorte4
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Thank you for your answers. She cancelled the booking because she got an offer to stay for free in a friends appartement ...good for her. And I agreee that it is her responsablility , not mine , that she is aware of my cancellation policy. I don´t feel obliged to refund her fully - especially not after her rude message.  I will ask her kindly to stop - and tell her if she doesn´t I will have to involve Airbnb...

Thank you again - and a good day to all of you

Best Dorte