Rules Sets for % increases not showing

Corey183
Level 3
St. Augustine, FL

Rules Sets for % increases not showing

Hi community, I've read a LOT of posts about issues with Rule sets, but most seem dated (1-2+ years ago)

We're currently using smart pricing and I wanted to increase upcoming seasonal rates by a specific percentage. It's showing the rule is active and applied to the dates we selected, but the prices for the dates don't change/increase. You can book those dates with the current rates - as though the rule set doesn't seem to work as expected. 

Is there a work-around for this? Is there a conflict with having smart pricing and trying to use a rule set? Again, I've tried reading as much as I can, and most of the posts are older around this topic - unless I completely missed something, which is possible. 

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Corey183 

Rule sets do not work with Smart Pricing.

You need to turn off Smart Pricing for the specific time period.

Just select the time period on the calender and disable Smart Pricing for that time period.

"normal" pricing will be in effect then and you can change prices if desired.(or let the rule set do the job)

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Corey183 

As Emiel said, pricing rule sets do not work with smart pricing. Be careful with Smart Pricing as your rates can plummet to your minimum during a busy/high season timeframe without any notice. I've had to override Smart Pricing this summer because it is not increasing my prices enough. 

Corey183
Level 3
St. Augustine, FL

Thank you @Emiel1  and @Emilia42 for the tips and advice. We're just starting and really appreciate the support!

Corey183
Level 3
St. Augustine, FL

So I've turned off smart pricing for an entire month, put in the flat pricing and a rule set. It's still only showing the flat price when adding in the dates to book, no decrease/promotion rule that I have in place. 😞 

You can't turn off smart pricing on certain dates, it needs to be completely disabled.

@Alex208 You can override smart pricing whenever you want on any day of the calendar.

But you're saying that these rule sets won't work if smart pricing is enabled anywhere?

@Emilia42 that's what I found when changing the pricing over last week, I may be wrong!