Rules set and Discounts

Corey183
Level 3
St. Augustine, FL

Rules set and Discounts

Hi all (again),

I'm trying (hard) without success on adding rule sets. I have flat pricing (not smart pricing) on my listing, and created 2 rules to apply for different dates. One for discounts to fill gaps, and one for increases for seasonality. It shows them active in the calendar view, but when trying to book any dates, only the flat rate is showing. When testing the discount for an open week I have in July, there's no scratch-through or discount shown, just the flat rate that's originally listed.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a bug with this? We see the discounts for other people's listings, but cannot for the life of us, get it to work. 

We did even wait 24hrs thinking that the system was just slow...

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Corey183 

Which is are the dates in july you applied a discount for ?

Hi @Emiel1 The open time remaining, July 19-23. I have the entire month is static pricing, then highlighted those dates, and then applied the rule set for a 12% discount. It shows active on those dates. 

Here are photos of the set up and what it shows when trying to reserve. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.07.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.07.53 PM.png

Emiel1
Level 10

@Corey183 

It seems to me your listing is on "Smart pricing",  as prices vary a lot for different periods.

Or do you have custom pricings set manually in the calender ?

Some examples, 2 nights, starting on a monday:

19 jul : 90,-

09 aug: 82,-

11 okt: 82,-

22 nov: 103,-

13 dec : 96,-

@Emiel1 The entire month is static. Those are prices I've put in the listing manually. Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.47.03 PM.png

Corey183
Level 3
St. Augustine, FL

@Emiel1 Here is another example for end of November, where we have a rule for price increases due to the holiday. Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.50.08 PM.png

Emiel1
Level 10

@Corey183 

it is complicated...

So you are using by default Smart Pricing on your listing, but you turn it of for those time periods you want to apply a ruleset, and also you put in custom prices manually in the calender . Please note you must disable Smart Pricing for the whole time period the ruleset will be applied on.If you have also other discounts in place, please read if they do not interfere:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/how-do-rulesets-work

Corey183
Level 3
St. Augustine, FL

We turned off smart pricing completely for the entire calendar, and put prices in for each week and weekend. Then we applied the rules to specific weeks/weekends that had gaps or we wanted to offer something. The rules just never applied. 
After trying unsuccessfully for 3 days, we've just now switched on smart pricing for those couple of weeks to hopefully get them booked. November and December are still static pricing, and the rules still don't apply...