SAFETY- Hosts street name is now made public !

Sorin0
Level 4
Jersey City, NJ

SAFETY- Hosts street name is now made public !

Hello new hosts,

I made  this post (  https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/SAFETY-Was-the-street-name-and-very-accurate-map-listed-b)   in a dif. Community Room and since is really imp. , I will also bring it to your attention here as well. 

To change it back to where the street was not made public for the world to know, i suggest calling airbnb CS and let them know your feelings !  

16 Replies 16
Joanna85
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I freaked out when I first saw this.  I don't know why I did.  I pulled up my listing and saw they had my street name.  Actually, I think this is awesome.  I think I freaked out because I didn't want peole to know my address until they booked...then I thought about how many times people ask me how far I am from this or that...then I thought:  COOL...because my location is residential but I am REALLY close to the action---my neighborhood is like a secret gem and I think it's the most redeaming quality of my listing.  Guests get a little goofy when they are trying to get their bearings and I think having the street name with a map right on your listing is a great idea.  I don't know if it will generate more bookings but it will eliminate the tire kickers with their 'how far are you from xzy' messages!

Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

I think this is just fine. @Joanna85 and  @Alice-and-Jeff0, summed it up perfectly.  This can only help with people who do not pay attention. I received an inquiry yesterday from a young lady who asked me if my front door faced the big road (1-95 highway) which threw me until I saw this thread.  She asked about noise and bars in the area.  I got a sense from her that she was going to be high maintenance. So I gently talked her out of wanting to stay with me.  

Her knowing that I was next to the highway saved me from a bad experience and a bad review.  Plus the guest being unhappy.  My house has no highlight.  I am just within a 6 block circle on the map. No neon sign flashing my address.  I have had 2 people mention noise becasue they were light sleepers. One stayed here three times and gave me 4 stars for location each time. This should definitely help with location problems.