SHARED ROOM

Marco2
Level 10
Ciampino, Italy

SHARED ROOM

What do you think about this solution for a nite?

4 Replies 4
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

It's fine if all parties understand the arrangement. My biggest concern would be snoring. It's one thing to deal with a friend or partner who snores, but would be a bit awkward if the guest or host snored.

Shared room does not necessarily mean that you sleep in the same room. It can be the living room couch, shared during the day, but empty of a snoring host at night. 😉

@Helga0 and @Ed-and-Hugh0 Thank you for your answers..!! 

Do you know if when i have one prenotation for one person in a shared room for two persons what happen?

Do i have this room still available in my calendar?

Thank's for your attention.

@Marco2, I don't understand your question very well. 

Are you a host?

If you have a room and you want to put only one person in that room, you can refuse a second person if two persons arrive.

If you want to rent the room to 2 different persons or even more, like in a hostel, you have to make that very clear, otherwise you will have unhappy guests. But if you do, you need an extra listing for every bed you rent. 

Exemple: you have a living room couch, sleeps two persons. You can rent it to a single guest or to a couple. You cannot rent it to two persons who do not know each other. You need one listing for that. You can set the price for the bed and a surcharge after the first guest, if you want that the second person pays an extra charge.

If you have two couches or 4 bunk beds, you need 2 listings for the two couches and 8 listings for the 4 beds with one guest sleeping bottom layer, the other sleeping top layer. As said, if you rent that way, it's like a youth hostel and it must be clearly indicated and cheap.

If you are a guest: make sure to know the situation before you book.