SMS Notifications not working

Nicole158
Level 4
Fredericton, Canada

SMS Notifications not working

I have been using the Airbnb app for iphone since May and I have always recieved an SMS notification when there is a booking request or a message through the Airbnb website. However, this has not been working for the last few days. I attempted to turn off the notifications then turn them back on in the settings, but when I do this, it says that i can not turn it back on because my number is not verified... so then i try to verify the number and the code i am given dosent work.

If I use the official website through my laptop, I am able to verify the phone number and change the notification settings, but it seems to have no effect on recieving text (SMS) notifications on my phone.

I called Airbnb to try to fix this problem, and the lady I spoke with was able to send me a message, but no others have come through since.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

41 Replies 41
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

Try to contact your network provider the problem can be from their side too.

But I dont have problems receiving messages from other people.  Only Airbnb notifications.  I did not have problems to verify my phone number.  What should I tell my provider?

Gia2
Level 1
Angeles, Philippines

I'm having the same problem. And I don't know how to contact Airbnb because I'm from the Philippines. Do they have an email address? I don't know how this can be solved either 😞

Yep, communicating with Airbnb is another problem that needs to be improved..

Hidden-Gem-Donegal0
Level 2
Burtonport, Ireland

I'm having the same problem with SMS instant booking notifications in the last two weeks. I get messages but not bookings by SMS. This is alarming as guests showed up at my door ready for check without my knowledge as they booked the night before and I did not receive an SMS notification like I have always done in the past. I since have had two more booking without SMS notification. It is not my mobile provider as I am receiving requests/message notification but not instacnt booking notifications, which is worrying and leaving me open to have people arriving again when I am not prepared or expecting them. I am tempted to turn off my instant bookings. 

Any suggestions, SMS is turned on on my profile settings.

Wafaa0
Level 1
Trevallyn, Australia

I am having the same problem!

Me too, I am not receiving notification messages to my phone.

Wafaa0
Level 1
Trevallyn, Australia

The problem went away by itself now it's happening again!

Linda301
Level 1
Kerrville, TX

happening to me and unable to turn on SMS...how did you call AirBnb?

Prue0
Level 6
Bristol, United Kingdom

me too  often ....really annoying... sometimes  works if you refresh in 'my account' but not lasttime

J--Daniel0
Level 3
Geneva, Switzerland

Hello,

For me too, I don't receive sms notifications anymore. Now I just see a reservation request almost ending because I was on week-end. I received them for 2 years before, and checked all the item, they are still to be notified :S

I think I'll contact Airbnb...

Best to all !

Same here, since more than one week no notifications. hope they read this

cheers

Matoska-Ridge0
Level 1
Evergreen, CO

Hi.

I'm having the same problem.

I recieve the guest texts, but they don't get mine back.

Mike

Alisa-and-Mike0
Level 1
Portland, OR

I am having the same problem.  Is this is the same for Anroid and iOS systems?  I ask because I know that there was a recent problem with iOS update 11.2 that kept causing my phone to crash because of notifications.

Has anybody heard back from Airbnb?  In general I relly wish there was a better way to contact them...