*** STAR RATINGS FOR GUESTS CAN BE SEEN?? ***

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

*** STAR RATINGS FOR GUESTS CAN BE SEEN?? ***

FullSizeRender.jpg

Aloha @Lizzie  (Community Manager)  and Fellow Hosts Around the World:

Today, while on the phone with my close friend  (also an Airbnb Superhost from New Zealand), she infoms me that she could see the Star Ratings of her latest guests booking request.....which shocked me because I always keep my mobile app updated.

I know how to check on new things, between the mobile app and website, but I am UNABLE to see what she is seeing on her mobile app.  Coincidentally, I received a booking request from a guests who already had ONE review at the time I was on the phone with her, but no matter what I did, I was unable to see the exact Star Ratings of my potential guests the same way my friend could see her request.  I don't know if this matters, but JASON, had 5 reviews already.  Don't see how that could account for having visible Stars, but my reviewed guests doesn't.

Perhaps Airbnb is rolling out different features on the mobile app in different areas around the world.  Has anyone else seen this too for their most recent booking requests? 

Or am I missing something and other hosts in the USA can now see the individual star ratings on their mobile app!?  To the first person who can guide me on how I can see the stars, there is unlimited Momi's Marvelous Mango Margaritas waiting for you at my ABB...hahahaha.  

Thanks.

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

19 Replies 19
Kristine40
Level 2
Tonder, Denmark

Hi Momi

That's really odd - I host two little rooms in Denmark and I have no problem seeing the reviews that other hosts wrote about my guests but no, I can't see any star ratings either, neither on my mobile or computer. Did you ask her to take you through how she does it - step by step or are the star ratings simply there when she goes to their profile?

@Kristine40  Yes its very odd.  And yes of course I asked her via our video call to show me how she saw them.  I did the same step by step and got NO STARS.  I think this is very odd indeed.  I actually confirmed that our Airbnb meeting next week in Honoulu will include the Manager from headquarters and today I was told he is coming which is great news because I will be asking him directly about this.  I even have the screen capture photos saved into my Iphone. 

I don't know if you know this about me but since I started hosting, I actually PUT the Stars in the review...because I was seriously trying to make it easier on the next hosts.  I have yet to see this in any review from a booking request for my home.  Hoping I do since many hosts have now decided to join me.  But it would be so much easier if we could all see what my friend is seeing on her app in New Zealand. 

Example:  

Communication - 4 Stars.  This guests was pretty good with replying back and forth, answering my questions and sending me questions me too. However at the initial onset of booking, there were too many reminders being given to this guest to comply with Airbnb's requirement of reading our Host House Rules BEFORE booking can be confirmed.  Now that they have been educated on this, I am confident they will be a 5 Star guests going forward in this category.  

Make sense @Kristine40  ?  

EDITED TO CORRECT DATE OF ABB OPEN IN MY ORIGINAL POST from 2018 to 2017.

Bummers about the ABB 2017 being cancelled huh?

Thanks for taking the time to write me....hope my post reply finds you doing well. 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Hi Momi

I have been wondering why hosts can't see a guest's "stars" and today I noticed next to a new booking that I could see them IF I USED INSTANT BOOK!  I think this is discrimination against hosts like myself who prefer to have a dialogue with potential guests before accepting a booking. Funny how discrimination is allowed by Airbnb but not by US! We should ALL be able to see how a guest has been rated by previous hosts.

I like your idea of giving a star rating in the review and will do this in the future. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Momi0

It would really be great if we could ignore or charge more for Guests with less then stellar reviews, has the fight back started?

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Hello @Momi0

The stars are only visible if you have IB on. Just another "trick" to force us to use IB. What's the point to see the stars if they have already booked?

Mariann 🙂

Ps: please give my marghuarita to your next fabulous guest 😄 

@Mariann4  I have IB on.  I have had it on since Feb 2016 when I discovered that they had added the feature....

"Only guests recommended by other hosts can use IB on your listing."

And yet, I still can't click on PROFILE DETAILS of the last 3 booking requests to see their EXACT stars but they all had at least one review.  Bummers.  But trust me when I say I am looking into this....hahahahaha.   I will get to the bottom of this.  This should have been a feature released a long long time ago.....in a galaxy far far away.  😉

Thanks for adding to my post.  Hope you are well.   Still can't believe they cancelled the ABB Open 2017!

Aloha, Momi

And here I went to spy on your listing @Momi0, and saw no sign of IB turned on. But hey! I'm not a recommended guest. Only a SuperHost... 😂 (my first and only host never bothered to review me.) 

Stars for hosts are only visible after three reviews. Maybe its the same for guests?

Mariann 🙂

@Mariann4   I was a bit taken aback to read that you saw NO IB....but I can assure you its there.  I checked again 1 minute ago.  Odd that you don't see it.  Perhaps Airbnb is hiding that option from you because that host couldn't be bothered to write something nice for you as a host/guests......what a shame.  Come stay at my place....I always write a review even if not all my guests do.  Some prefer to leave a lovely note in my guests journal book for privacy reasons I have come to understand from quite a few of them since 2015.  They even wrote in the book how much they preferred my guest journal versus ABB public forum.  😉

Btw:  I am currently hosting 5 Star guests from New Zealand with 15 reviews...and still can't see their stars, but I certainly enjoyed reading all of their lovely reviews, and they have proven to earn each one too.  So happy to be writing them another 5 Star review after check out.  Best kind! 

Aloha, Momi

@Momi0

I think maybe when someone try to book that does not meet your booking requirements, they may not book instantly and so this option is not shown.  Such guests would have to send you a booking request.  So if you get booking requests, that is a hidden message that they do not meet your reservation requirements.

Feel your pain @Mariann4 - had the same issue with my very first airbnb.  They were new, I left a glowing review that boosted their business big time - nothing in return. It was an absentee host, but still.  She were friends and neighbour with the caretaker.  Or maybe she did not like me asking questions - who knows. Just wanted to make sure we had no big surprises as there were some not too fantastic previous reviews.

@Marit-Anne0  Perhaps you could ask that host to give you a 15% cut of that booming business since you were so kind to write them a glowing review that gave them such a boost! I would have in exchange for not getting a well deserved awesome review in return.  🙂  haha - (just a comment to make you chuckle)

Aloha, Momi

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mariann4

It could give us reason to cancel penalty free for not being comfortable with guest; something that is possible with IB only.  

Good point @Marit-Anne0.

But is there no limit to how many of those you can use when IB? And if I after booking but before arrival get messages or discover something about my guest I am not able to cancel free of penalty if I ask for CS's assistance?

Mariann 🙂

@Mariann4

No, for the time being there is no limit when you use IB.  Without IB you are supposed to vet your guests before accepting, after accepting, the train has left until they arrive and misbehave.  In theory, in practical life I have never tested, just declined those I found were a total mismatch.

I find it difficult to vet... But getting better! Any tips in the process? I am considering IB. But I am concerned since I list a room. I have people unbook when they realize this. I always ask before I accept if they have seen this in particular. How much more trouble could IB potentially give me in this direction...? People asking for cancellations and refunds...

Are you happy with IB @Marit-Anne0?

And what happened to your Bergen listing? If I may ask, that is.

Mariann 🙂