SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

Answered!
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

I've seen on some FB hosts groups that Superhosts who haven't yet 'spent' their $100 dollar Airbnb reward voucher are booking accommodation with UKRAINE hosts with the voucher.

This means that these hosts will have some guaranteed income  from the vouchers at a time of uncertainty and horror in their lives.

A small gesture from the Airbnb community   that all SH could consider. I will certainly be doing this. 

You can of course cancel at the last minute and the host will still be paid. 

Would Airbnb consider helping hosts in UKRAINE by not charging their fee for any accommodation booking in the country over the next few months @Stephanie  @Nick @Catherine-Powell ????

162 Replies 162
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Kate867 

Lovely to hear from you - yours and Ronald's idea came from a place of goodness and generosity. Thank you for sharing it!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achères-la-Forêt, France

Hi @Kate867 ,

What a generous idea! I have posted it on the French Community Center and would love if you could share your story on the subject also.

Seems it would also show to us French how it is simple and shows we are a community.

Or if you are ok, I can copy paste your text and quote you if it's easier for you?

I am really impressed by your idea and how hosts responded!

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expérience en tant qu'hôte)

@Stephanie @Emilie If there was ever a candidate deserving of some Airbnb love it would be @Kate867 . Just saying.....

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Maybe I will @Mike-And-Jane0 .... maybe I will...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @ Kate

Yes I saw Ron's post on one of the UK host FB groups and said I would help promote the fantastic initiative.

There are a number of hosts around the world who have had the same idea as yourselves and started a viral social media campaign around the same time.

If they booted you off the platform they would have to boot off thousands of other hosts and the PR for them would be massively negative, so please don't worry about that.

The more of us that promote this great idea the more hosts we can help.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Time to bounce this up the page. Anyone else had a response from their host in Ukraine?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

We have been hearing some amazing, inspirational stories from our incredible Host community. Recently, A Host from Utah was featured on the Today Show, sharing how she reserved a four-night stay in Kiev to show support. 

We couldn’t be more honoured by the selfless response by you all. We want to confirm that Airbnb is temporarily waiving guest and Host fees on bookings in Ukraine at this time. 

Are you seeing other ways that our Community is supporting each other or have any ideas? Airbnb.org has ways to support refugees fleeing Ukraine at airbnb.org/help-ukraine

Thanks.

Emilie

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Delphine348 @Lawrene0 @Kate867 @Sandra126 @Robin114 @Helen3 @Mark116 @Lisa723 @Emilia42 @Angela1056 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @all

Thanks so much for the fantastic response from Airbnb hosts donating their SH voucher or if they aren't SH booking stays with Ukraine hosts. What an amazing community.

The media has confirmed that Airbnb has dropped its fee for those booking accommodation in Ukraine.

It would be fantastic if hosts here could share this idea on their local Airbnb host groups to encourage as many hosts as possible to come forward.

What would be amazing if Airbnb could help us co-ordinate this so we book accommodation in areas in the most need, don't duplicate up so that some hosts have lots of bookings and others none. Can you help @Nick  @Emilie .

@Emilie Thanks so much for this. However, when I linked to your post in my message requesting that Airbnb's service fees on my booking in Kiev for this weekend be reversed, your rep responded that Airbnb has no such policy and is only waiving fees on reservations that are canceled.

@Helen3 

@Lisa723 I assume the waived service fee is only for new reservations. 

@Mike-And-Jane0 the rep denied that there is any such policy, period I asked her to send that in writing. Still waiting.

@Lisa723 to be fair when have Customer Services ever been kept up to date by Airbnb! Anyway when you book there is no service charge.

@Mike-And-Jane0 the service fees for my reservation have now been refunded.

Serafina2
Level 4
Bp, Hungary

I would like to donate my voucher as well. Does anybody know how to choose whom to help? I will surely donate to a superhost who does it for the living but is anybody aware of a list of people who should get this money? I just wish the money could be evenly spread out.