Safari all of sudden doesn't work

Safari all of sudden doesn't work

We are using Safari as our browser of choice and have been for years.  Up until last night it was working fine.  I'm assuming another code change with the website has now disabled our abiltiy to select any menu items that pop down.  For example, if I click on the Host menu I can see the selections but if I click on one like Calendar, or Inbox nothing happens, I can't even select Log Out from the profile menu.  Please fix this, up until now I considered Airbnb awesome web developers but come on.  BTW, I have experienced this on 3 different computers, all of which are up to date Macintosh's.

38 Replies 38
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Chris-and-Venesa0 My Safari doesn't work with Airbnb hosting either.

Anything database related just doesn't work. 

Community pages are OK, but Help pages, Hosting, Listings etc... Nothing.

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Chris-and-Venesa0 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Hi Folks, we are having the same issue, we use Macks and since 0330 we have been having loads of issues!!! I am sorry to inform you that I am happy that you are also having problems because it proves that i am not alone!!!!  AIRBNB were informed by me that they had caused issues at 0730 this morning, but they have chose to ignore my requests for information and support.

Regards Shaun

Debi32
Level 2
Ojai, CA

Same here.  Safari.  

Shaun69
Level 10

@Chris-and-Venesa0 @Debi32 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 Its 1045 Uk time, still unable to use the platform unless we use a workround. Safari seems to be the common problem, it has worked fine for two years now up until yesterday. I have asked BNB for advise on three occasions now in the last thirty hours without any forthcoming !!!!!!!

Regards Shaun

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Shaun69 @Chris-and-Venesa0 @Debi32 

Menu dropdowns on 2017 Macbook Air stopped working same time as @Chris-and-Venesa0 currently working around using history bookmarks or mobile phone.

No site access whatsoever on Macbook Pro 2011 for about 3 months. Landing page frame loads, database info doesn't. Guest site doesn't load. (No bookings possible). Load stalls after average tint image frames load.

2011 Safari 9.1.3 - OSX 10.9.5

2017 Safari 11.1.2 - OSX 10.11.6

@Shaun69 @Chris-and-Venesa0 @Debi32 

This might encourage some action - and might explain why bookings are down?  How can anybody book on an internet site when it doesn't work?:

Guest browsing...

AIRBNB

airbnb.jpg

VRBO

vrbo.jpg

TRIPADVISOR

trip.jpg

BOOKING

booking.jpg

Here we are  a year later and nothing has changed. 

Rob62
Level 2
SF, CA

I've been having the same issue for about 2 or 3 days now. I'm running the latest version of Mojavi (OSX 10.14.4). Items on the drop down list on the main Nav Bar are not clickable so for example, I can't check my inbox.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

I have this problem as well, but I am a URL viewer, so I simply type them in directly.If you are signed in this should work:

airbnb.com/calendar

airbnb.com/hosting/inbox

It also appears that Apple did a stealth update to Safari, so these two companies may get to share the blame.

Tom712
Level 2
SF, CA

Yep, we are all having the same issue.  For now, I'm using the Chrome browser and the Airbnb website works fine with Chrome.  Either Apple or Airbnb updated something.  Lets hope these two companies can resolve this issue quickly.

Shaun69
Level 10

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Chris-and-Venesa0 @Tom712 @Susan151 @Rob62  Hi folks at about 0200 this morning UK time all of my apple computers started working correctly with the BNB platform again. It has not been a pleasent 48 hours or so trying to run multiple listings on a mobile phone but it has taught me a few lessons which will hopefully not be needed in the future. I have requested AIRBNB management to cosider informing hosts before they change code on the platform so if things do not go as planned it is understood why!!!!!!!!!!! I can always dream!

Regards Shaun

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Shaun69 

Still not fixed their booking site:

airbnb.jpg

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Fellow CC users, I rang Customer Services two days in a row as I'm having problems here in Auckland, NZ to.

It's a software issue as they use Chrome as a platform, unfortunately no one there in the IT team to think that not everyone has access to chrome - My phone is Microsoft and it won't even allow me to download 

Chrome.

I've also tried on public computers, which are never ever up to date, and it's just as bad.

The lovely customer service staff said they have had quite a few complaints.

May I suggest you all take the time to contract them as well so they go back to access for all whether it be Safari, Firefox, Goodgle or whatever.

IT is a jolly nuisance at the best of times & it definitely must be having an impact on Guests trying to book & Hosts trying to update listings etc.

As an aside, if you have changed to "multi calendar" & only have 1 listing you may like to revert back to single calendar as it's easier to access from ones mobile.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location