Same day booking -- cleaning services

Danielle2
Level 1
New York, New York, United States

Same day booking -- cleaning services

Hi everyone, 

I am new to Airbnb hosting so please bear with me! I have guests booked back to back but am unsure how to arrange for cleaning services (even just to put new sheets and towels out) when I will be away. I don't want to pay more in cleaning costs than what my guests are paying to stay at my apartment but also want to ensure cleaniness. Any tips? Thanks in advance!  

5 Replies 5
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

HI

To help you answer your question, I put myself through college by cleaning places like this bc I was not as expensive as the MAJOR maid companies. Look on Craigs list for a college student who can clean the place for the fee in which you charge and write that you have that in your profile hence the cleaning fee.  More information is always better then NO information.  If you dont' find any student, then you can post YOUR own ad on that site asking for anyone who is interested in coming into to dust, sweep, mop and clean the bathrooms. I did about 2 hours of cleaning and only charged my client $50 which was much cheaper then MERRY MAIDS...who were charging $100 for the same amount of time.  Hope this helps.  (and trust me, $50 for a college student is better pay then working at Subway)

Aloha from a SuperHost in Hawaii,  Momi

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Nola0
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Hello, I'm an active host in the community and also the owner of Phresh Clean Services, we clean and manage airbnb properties as well as regular residential homes. We clean, maintain and manage many airbnb properties here in New Orleans, La. Yes, we will get your home spotless and sparkling, but we also do a whole lot more if you need us to. For rental hosts, my passion and goal is to allow you to leave knowing that if something unexpected comes up, I will be here to take care of it. If your guests are locked out? We can let them in day or night. Doing back to back bookings? We can re-stock supplies, do laundry, clean, and get the keys to your next guests upon their arrival. What about giving your guests ideas and informing them about many local restaurants, businesses, and other activities to do around the city? I truly know how much work it is to maintain an airbnb property from managing down to the cleaning and restocking. So, I would love to take the load and stress off your hands by maintaining or cleaning your property. Whether you prefer your property thoroughly cleaned or fully maintained I can help! Please do not hesitate to contact me!

Dontae A.

Phresh Clean Services

Email : ***

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Danielle2,

Great to hear your listing is so popular, congratulations. Also, thanks for starting a thread in the Community Center, I am sure this question will help many other new hosts. It is lovely to see you have had a couple of responses from @Momi0 and Dontae.

@Nola0, great to see you have offered some help with this, thanks so much. It sounds like you are very experienced in this area. Just to say I have edited your post as it contains your email address and for safety reasons I removed these from the platform. I would also recommend you check out the Community Center guideline for more information on this and also just to bare in mind that advertising isn't allowed, so I just wanted to make you aware. 🙂

As I mentioned before, you sound like you have lots of experience, I wonder if you might be able to offer any advice on what hosts should look for in a cleaning service, good questions to ask and perhaps advice on how much time should be left to clean a property inbetween bookings? It would be really great to have your input here.

Thanks so much.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Would it be possible to share with me your process and ways you manage the restock supplies for the properties?  I'm taking this on for several of our properties in the Chattanooga, TN area and an unsure of an efficient way to do this (I don't think my cleaning team is equipped to handle these tasks).

Also, what do you charge to provide that service?  I'm unsure of what is reasonable but many properties are a 35+ minute drive so figuring out how to manage this efficiently would definitely help us!

Thank you! 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Danielle2 Many people use cleaning services but engage them well before taking time off.It depends on how long your guests are booked for . It is as well not to take the bookings that you cannot attend to as there is a lot more involved than 'cleaning'. trust is a major issue for Airbnb owners and having a trustworthy co host is the best way to go , they can do the odd 'turnover for you ' or hopefully check anything else thats needed. I cannot explain how truly important co hosts are. Many people have members of their own families or partners to follow through when they are unable to . most hosts rotate linen depending on the time of year , at least having three sets of everything for all beds plus the equivalent for towels , t towels , face cloths , hand towels , bath mats etcetera. Set out the bed changes before you go so that your co host can just strip all beds and collect all used linens first and remove them, then follow the Airbnb cleaning schedule . Clean all surfaces and do bathrooms and kitchen , remove all rubbish , wash bins , vacumn ,etcera etcera,finally remake all beds and set out all replacement products ,such as milk toilet rolls , snacks or whatever you routinely supply . There is no quick fix or short cut . Look for your man Friday or lady and respect the co host . H