Same day booking upcharge

Leah---Tom0
Level 2
Clay City, KY

Same day booking upcharge

Is it possible to charge a premium for bookings made same day? We have just started allowing these, but would like to charge something extra for the convenience for them and inconvenience for us.

Thank you

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You could have it in your house rules that you charge extra, but this will put people off.

And then you would have to send them a special offer and hope they accept.

If you find same day bookings inconvenient, just change your settings so you don't have to accept them.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Many host, like myself, do not accept same day bookings, @Leah---Tom0, due to the inconvenience and the higher chance of space misuse.  So if you do accept, then you are in a smaller pool and that is an advantage.  I agree with @Helen3 that many guests are put off by additional "convenience" fees and you might incur a less that favorable review.   

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Leah---Tom0

It takes airbnb 24hrs to process a guests payment, they could have stayed and gone before you know the payment has been declined.

Leah---Tom0
Level 2
Clay City, KY

I definitely appreciate the feedback and will keep it in mind, but we have never had any kind of issues like non-payment or rude people and have been doing this a year and a half. I think rural and city bnbs face different sorts of issues. We do mostly one night stays for passing travelers, so same day bookings are highly sought-after. Our rate is already incredibly low ($30). I figured there would be a method built in, but it seems not. Thank you for the ideas though! I will consider it them.

@Leah---Tom0 the cheesy way to implement an extra charge for same-day bookings is to, each morning, change the price of the current day to a higher price.

It is extra work, but it would essentially make same-day bookings the higher price (without having to fiddle around with requesting extra payments).

The downside is that you have to do this whenever you are coming up on a vacant day.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your standard rate is incredibly low . Why not just increase that for all bookings. And then you will increase your profits without the faff of extra charges for same day bookings.