Sauna in search filters

Jan363
Level 7
Prague, Czech Republic

Sauna in search filters

It's almost impossible to find house with sauna. Is it possible to create some filter for it?

34 Replies 34
Basia11
Level 1
Thousand Oaks, CA

Yes, I've been trying to find one with a sauna and it is such a pain! It would also be fantastic to be able to add conditional amenities. Like if I want a sauna and/or a hot tub. If both are available, great! But if there is a sauna, I'd be okay with no hot tub and vice versa. There is no way to indicate that, so I have to take at least twice as long searching. My eyes hurt! Haha. 

There are other facilities/amenities that definitely need to be added as well- steam shower and other spa amenities, outdoor firepit, if there are pets living in the home while you're there... etc. There are a ton of options for "unique stays" and very few for facilities or more out of the ordinary amenities. 

On a somewhat related note- There needs to be a way to sort lists! Being able to sort my list of say 25 options by price, ammenities, distance to somewhere, etc. would make it so much easier to narrow it down and book! The list system as a whole is pretty week. 

Adam1189
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi I think it is superweird you are not adding this. It isnt rocketscience? Especially when renting a place for skiing / trecking / nature activities. I belive I am talking for all scandinavians when I say it is a "Must-have"

You have hot tub and gym, but not sauna? Who designed this? 😄

Well, it's Airbnb - one of the most unefficient companies in the world. Unfortunately we need to live with that.

Alyssa223
Level 1
Portland, OR

I agree with what has been said - sauna needs to be a filter option! As a guest and a host I want to be able to use this feature.

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

I wish I had a sauna...

David7044
Level 2
Adpar, United Kingdom

Hello. two and a half years later and this matter has not yet been attended to. Many of us would have seen the video from the new global head of hosting Catherine Powell. The partnership between Airbnb and us, the hosting community, seems to be due a renewal. So I'm messaging them on this basis and I'm gonna persist until hopefully they take this on board as it's kinda mad it's not been done yet

Could this please be added as an option to see properties with a sauna 🙂 

Florent172
Level 1
New York, NY

AirBnB, come one! This is a simple parameter to add to you feed and filter set up. Will improve UX and bring in incremental revenue. Don't be lazy. 

Same for floor area of ameneties (exclusive use, shared). Total no brainer.

Wonder if the industry needs an antitrust to bring back innovation and competition here as well...

Here is the sauna filter https://airbnbase.com/sauna

They charge for this. They don't tell you until you've signed up and given email address then they note you need to upgrade to use this filter.

Mikko8
Level 2
Tampere, Finland

Please add sauna as an option to choose. CEO Airbnb said recently that travelling revives first local and domestic. Here in Scandinavia sauna is not a question what is it, but where it is. 

Mikko

Superhost

FINLAND

Shayan16
Level 2
Stockholm County, Sweden

Either management is useless and careless about what the customers want -- which would literally be a simple feature to add that takes a few minutes -- or...that's it really.

Jan363
Level 7
Prague, Czech Republic

It definitely doesn't take a few minutes, welcome to software development 😅

You have to create a new selectbox for setting the sauna in edit (maybe even with variants like "infra sauna") then add a new filter and force all hosts to update all the accommodations, which is always problematic. I think they already collecting the data about having a sauna in accommodations. There are always a lot of use cases we don't know about.

It took already 4 years and still no update. Don't say that such a thing requires such a long time - I know what I'm talking about as I'm working in IT too.