Scam hosts & being homeless in a different country

Aaron456
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Scam hosts & being homeless in a different country

Hey There,

I've been an Airbnb member right from the beginning. I've never had any bad experiences with any hosts or places I've booked. However, on this occassion I'm currently stranded in LA. We booked a place in West Hollywood for 31 days about 4 weeks before our trip. We had initially had dramas with the host as they changed the price! However it was still a great place, great location and price was still within budget. Week out from our trip I chased the host for check in details. Day of the flight still no contact. We travelled from Sydney Australia to LA (15 hour flight), we land to a message from the host saying he cannot get hold of the agent and can't help. We called Airbnb 7am Sat June to escalate the issue. I'm currently writing this from our hotel room, about to check out and be homeless. The total amount of time I've been on the phone to Airbnb in the last 24 hours is 6 hours. We a new case worker working on this situtation. We still haven't had a refund or this situation resolved. Airbnb customer service is absolutely disgraceful. 

Still on hold as we speak 😞

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Aaron456 

uh, stressful, I can imagine 😞

did you book with a private host or some agency? Did you check how many listings this host has? And his reviews?

Next time it would be best if you book with a Superhost who has many good reviews. Especially if you travel on the other side of the world.

I don't know what else to advise you. I hope Airbnb will refund you today and help you to find another accommodation.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Aaron456 

So sorry to hear about this situation! Can you confirm it's all sorted now on your side? I spoke with our customer support team and they advised me you are now all booked into somewhere else. 

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines