Scam listing?

Scam listing?

I got this email earlier today and I had found his posting on [Link hidden] a few days ago (no longer up)

this is for an apartment in [Personal information hidden] Jersey City, NJ

31 Replies 31
Andrew1970
Level 2
Portland, OR

Just received similar scam from a Portland, OR Craigslist house for rent posting. Here was his reply:

My place is available from the 28th of June as it's currently being rented short term until then. It comes fully furnished but unfurnished or partially furnished could be an option (I do have a storage unit, so I could take all my stuff there but the rent will be the same). Also, the utilities are included (water, sewer, cable, wifi, electricity and garbage).

I would like to tell you a little bit about me, if you're gonna rent the place. I work as a petroleum engineer for Exxon and my job keeps me away for most of the time, so I'm used to rent the place short term on Airbnb when I am away. Now I'm looking to rent it long term as I will be away for 2 years at least, working on the Thunder Horse oil field. So it's too much hassle for me to handle the short term renting and I'm looking for a minimum 3 months rental period but I would definitely prefer a long term lease. I will be back on the 26th of June to sign a rental agreement with whoever will be the tenant and hand over the keys. Now I would like to know a little bit about yourself, so I have some questions:

What kind of lease/length of rental are you seeking?
When are you planning to move in?
How many people are going to move in?
Are you working? What is your yearly income?
Would you be able to provide rental references?

I have a lot of people interested and I want to make sure I choose the right person to rent my place to. Looking forward to hearing from you.

--

Oliver Mattsson,
Petroleum Engineer, Exxon Mobil Corporation.

@Andrew1970 did you have further contact with this person? My husband received an almost exact email w a different name and company, and he had some discussion but didn’t send money or anything. My husband’s email signature includes his full name, phone number, & email so I am concerned about the guy having this info! He also sent him a photo of our family & told him where he works, which I was unaware of and not happy about. I told him to stop communicating immediately!