Scam through craiglist and airbnb@tenancy-reservation.com

A46
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

Scam through craiglist and airbnb@tenancy-reservation.com

They told you to make a payment in cash using Walmart 2 Walmart money transfer to a person (the Airbnb attorney in charge) and then will put you in contact with an Airbnb agent to inspect the apartment.

Every detail was taken with care.

5 Replies 5

@A46, I am figuring that since you posted this useful warning here that you did not send them any money, yes?

Here is a long, long discussion about people's experiences with these types of scams.

Not everyone was so lucky as to avoid losing money...

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Rental-scam-using-Airbnb-How-should-I-go-forward-if-at-all/...

I found that conversation but this post is to alert people directly looking for the fake email on google. Hope they find as fast as possible this is a scam.

My money is safe, thanks for your worries 🙂

Unfortunately, I have been a vectim of this scam. Do you know why nobody wants to stop them? I live in the USA, do you have any idea how I can report this scamer? 

Linda821
Level 1
Belfair, WA

How do I get paid for renting my home? Does it go through Airbnb first and then they pay me? What does Airbnb charge me for advertising, etc.? Thank you, Linda

@Linda821 the money first goes to AirBnB, who holds the money until the day after the guest checks in.

Then AirBnB sends the money to you.

AirBnB does not charge you for advertising, per se. They take a cut of the booking (3% to 5%, depending on your cancellation policy). (They also charge the guest some fees, but you never see that.)

But you don't get charged monthly or by the page-view or anything like that. AirBnB only takes fees from you if you make money from a booking.