Scam: what to do when it displays my details as a host?

Anna1574
Level 2
Gdańsk, Poland

Scam: what to do when it displays my details as a host?

Fake "airbnb" listing uses my personal details as a host's profile - is there anything I can do? 

Another scam story as many I've seen in this forum but this time from another angle:

so a couple of months ago I managed to avoid getting scammed

but 2 days ago people started to contact me on Messanger about a flat in Berlin

that I supposedly list on airbnb. Except that it's (obviously) not a real airbnb page and my surname is misspelled...

It has all the obvious signs of a scam but market in Berlin is so bad I'm quite sure many people will actually fall for it 😕

and we are talking serious money: people looking for a longterm rental.

**bleep**, I don't want to be in any way a part of it.

Good that some people reached out to me on FB but what about the others? 😕

Any idea what I can do about it? How to force them to remove my personal details? They have even created a google account that may be taken for mine (here I'm actually a little impressed).

I have already sent the links to `report.phishing@airbnb.com` but is there anything else...?

Geeeez, I'm pissed. Thanks for ANY help.

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Sounds like they are not on the AirBnB web site, contact who ever is hosting them?

David

not really sure if I can track who's hosting them... airbnb.com-request-room291.eu` 😞

@Anna1574  you will need to report this to airbnb help, the info is listed in helpguide posted by Dave & Deb on the top part of this forum.

@Anna1574  There are scammers reading these posts and posting fake questions as well in help!