Scam?

Scam?

I just had a last minute guest that booked for the same night. She arrived to my home after 10 pm and right after check in she asked for a full refund because she didn’t like the smell of the room. She cancelled and we refunded even when a same day cancellation is not refundable. When we got home after midnight, she was sleeping in the same room she cancelled. I checked the cameras and seems she re-entered the house after be re-funded. I reported to Airbnb but I’m not so confident on their resolution. Just want to share here to prevent, is good to be aware that this can happen. 

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

How did you refund her? In cash? Because you supposed to be paid 24 hours after checkin.

Who cancelled, how and is your calendar open again?

Kick her out if her reservation is cancelled and if she is or will be refunded because she is tresspassing

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hopefully you woke her up and made her leave the apartment. @Yairel-and-Alberto0 

You should never refund a guest in these circumstances without ensuring she had left. (I wouldn't have refunded her at all without checking if her complaint was valid).

Outrageous behaviour she knew exactly what she was doing. 

I refund me her through Airbnb even when I know the complaint is not valid, but I prefer to avoid disgusted guests. Finally she left the house when we discovered the situation. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Yairel-and-Alberto0  How did she get back in the house? 

Leave an appropriate review to warn other hosts and report her to Airbnb.