Search engine does NOT WORK - ANYWHERE

Jennifer296
Level 1
Caldwell, ID

Search engine does NOT WORK - ANYWHERE

Search engine NOT WORKING- check your listing or pick anyplace, then good luck finding the actual area you are looking for! I'm having serious issues with Airbnbs search engine and have spoke to multiple Airbnb peeps. The problem is this (you can check anywhere) ...when searching any specific town or city, guests know where they want to stay...they get a area about an 50 mile radius. I have been with Airbnb 2 years, have made Superhost every time. Yet, my reservations have crashed over the last few months, I figured people were camping. NOT, my listing for my town shows up as listing 67, before my listing there are 66 listing for other listings 30 to 60 miles away. If I were a customer I would assume there is nothing available here. My small city has a college, wineries, quite a few large businesses and people. The map showing listings is also gone. What is going on, defiantly ready to change companies if people who are looking for me/my town can't even find me. Please feel free to email me with any help or ideas at **. Airbnb has stated all is well and my listing is active, No one is listening at all!!! I have always been super proud of Airbnb but this is absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE. And...now the posting I did about 30 min. ago, although it shows as being posted by a previous guest. Really not sure how that happened...but really, just adding more fuel to my fire. Used to love Airbnb and the exceptional help and business which was amazing, then a few months ago it just dies...my bad for not getting to the bottom of it then, as least I would have had some reservations/money for that time. Please feel free to email me, jumping ship if this doesn't turn around soon...tired of hearing someone will get back to me in a few days

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jennifer296  The maps still available, you just have to switch it on.

When I search Caldwell ID for a shared space you are 6th on the list, unfortunately you are one of the most expensive. Its cheaper to stay at the B&B in town.

As to why your listing is way down the list, If you click on it often and don't book it, a little cookie on your computor says "hey she's looked at it again and not booked", next time we'll show her some different ones that she might book. Or maybe you require guests to have reviews and you have no reviews from hosts.

Try using something like duckduckgo to search incognito.

This link explains many reason why your listing is not showing. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Your-top-questions-about-Airbnb-Search/m-p/509644/highli...

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jennifer296,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I was wondering if you've seen Jeff's reply to your post? 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen