Searches for my town show mostly results from other towns

Searches for my town show mostly results from other towns

Recently searches for my town have been showing many first-page results that are not even in this town.  The other day 40% of results on the first page were from out of town.  Today 90% were from other towns.  Only two out of eighteen were actually located in my town.

When a guest searches for a town, they expect to find results that are actually in that town.  Likewise, when a host advertises their place, they expect that the first page results will not be mostly advertising places from other towns!  As all places are tagged with zip codes, it's hard to imagine how this could be happening.

While this does not happen on every occasion, it has happened enough times so that I really wonder what is going on with the way the search algorithm is operating.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  

1 Reply 1
Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

@Sandra455:  We are increasingly having the same experience.  When I am not logged into Airbnb, and I enter the search for MY very small town, which has limited Airbnb houses, today there were 40 houses located in other towns that came up FIRST - some as far as 40 miles away via driving!!!  The three houses of my town didn't begin for multipe pages at 41 - and we are all Superhosts.  We're talking about a LONG ways away.  If someone wants to be in a particular place, then those homes in THAT location that was entered in the Search for a town should be the FIRST homes to come up, not the last homes!