Seasonal adjustment

Catherine1216
Level 1
Railton, Australia

Seasonal adjustment

I have discounts set up for longer stays and other events and am seeing another discount, "seasonal adjustment" being applied to my bookings. I want a maximum of one discount applied per booking. How do I turn off seasonal adjustment; and how do I limit discounts to one per booking?

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Catherine1216 

I do not see any "seasonal adjustment" in your listing.

Please provide a screenshot.

About discounts, please read this:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2983/what-happens-if-i-offer-multiple-discounts

Screenshot_20210703-082317_Airbnb.jpg

Hi, thanks @Emiel1 I don't have any "live" that I can screenshot to show seasonal adjustment, but here is an example of two discounts being applied together, which appears to contadict the information in the article you referenced. 

Hi I am also struggling with this seasonal adjustment  have you found a solution and I also see it only appears on host side so the guest doesnt even get the discount, meaning Airbnb probaly pocket from this.

2022-07-18.png

@Emiel1  Here is a screen shot. I have smart pricing turned OFF and my pricing is set by Pricelabs. I did not set/authorize any Nightly Rate or Seasonal adjustment. Thanks

LovebirdVacations0_0-1677096986545.png

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Catherine1216  Often the Help articles aren't updated when things change on the plalform. It's possible that the non-refundable discount option on your screenshot was introduced after that Help article was written and may be cumulative with other discounts.

I've never heard of a seasonal discount, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

One thing you should be aware of is that the non-refundable discount doesn't seem to be a great option for hosts. I've read several posts concerning CS reps overriding the non-refundable policy and refunding guests. As long as they might do that, non-refundable doesn't mean much.

Virginie42
Level 2
Whistler, Canada

Having the same issue and not able to find out where it comes from. My cancelation policy does not have a non-refundable option and I am still randomly getting reservations that have a "seasonal discount added to them"

Hi yes I am also struggling with this have you found a solution