Seattle Bellevue, WA

Albert11
Level 2
Tennessee, United States

Seattle Bellevue, WA

Greetings hosts in Seattle.  I'm considering rent out my condo on Airbnb but not sure if it'll work revenue wise.  Could someone please share rough range of how many nights you can rent out per year and pricing as well?  Just trying to figure out potential revenue.  My condo is 2br/2ba, close to Microsoft campus.  It is very easy to rent out to long-term tenants but wanted to explore a bit on the Airbnb option see if this works better in long run.  On the cost side, I see Airbnb will be way more expensive as I need to furniture this place, pay for utility, tv/cable/wifi/phone, etc, which I don't pay for tenants.  

Many thanks in advance.  Any insights are welcome!

Regards,

Albert

5 Replies 5
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Take a look at similar listings in your area. Check the reviews. If they have 3-6 or so reviews each month then they're likely well booked. Then check their calendar. Are they pretty full for the next 1-2 months? You can purchase a market research study from 3 Rd party companies. There is a lot of detail and highly recommended. You should be able to find the major reports with a quick search on any search engine.
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Albert11 very good advice from @Ed-and-Hugh0.  In addition to their suggestions, you can visit this website to get more analytics: 

https://www.airdna.co/region/us/washington

Hope you join the community!  If you have more questions that we can answer, fire away!

Jacquelyn0
Level 1
Seattle, WA

@Albert11 I would be careful since Seattle/Bellevue have very intense rental laws now.  Especially in the condo associations. I would read your bylaws carefully to ensure you do not break any rules in which they can cite you which would make all your hard work worthless.  Best wishes!

Rong3
Level 1
Bellevue, WA

I rented our an apartment in Bellevue once. The demand is great in Bellevue. You can make some good money.  However, I encountered some great challenges.  1. Condo Association!!  Then, now I purchase a house.  Gain terrific income through Airbnb.  Then, my neighbor complained.  There are some very specific rules and regulations from the city of Bellevue.  I have been fighting through this stuff lately.  Now after gaining all these experiences, I am planning to start over again.  I suggest you Google concerning Bellevue city code in relating to Airbnb activities. Not easy.  But the market demand is great. 

Hi Rong,

I've been through the ordinances and had some questions about when you rented your apartment. You said you mostly came up against the Condo Association - are the 6223's and other ordinances related to Single Family Houses not applicable to apartments? I was looking for something to distinguish them but couldn't find much.

Where can I find this in relation to apartment rentals as individual units?