Security Deposit / damages

Dina-and-Scott0
Level 2
Rochester, NY

Security Deposit / damages

Looking for some help here. 5 weeks ago i had a guest grill (propane) inside my entry way due to bad weather and it turned into a disaster. From Grease spills ~ my entire house smelling like a grease pit to the thickness of grease on every counter as it clearly lingered in because it had no where to go. Then they dumped all the grill drips including grilled garlic pieces down an outside drain that leads ti the lake. I have been fighting for extensive damages and my security deposit to only be told. It sounds like just cleaning. I sent in all types of pics showing the damages and still to today nothing solved @Brian.chesky@airbnb.com or brian@airbnb  and or @chip@airbnb.com chip.conley@airbnb.com. I am looking for a resolution and someone who is intelligent enough to realize that this isnt just cleaning but more so damages and hurry before ur next guest arrive. 

3 Replies 3
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Dina-and-Scott0,

Other hosts have stated that the best way to get reimbursement for additional cleaning is to have a quote or receipt from your cleaner or professional cleaning service that lists everything that needs the extra cleaning, the products necessary to do the cleaning, the additional time for cleaning, and the total cost.  Open your claim now before the next guest arrives, and upload the photos and quote/receipt as soon as possible.  Keep calling until you get someone who will listen you, and truly review your claim.  Did you communicate with the guest on Airbnb about what occurred?  If not, do so immediately, ask them what happened, and explain to them the damage that was caused.   If they admit what they did, ask them to pay for the extra cleaning and damages.  Hopefully, they will respond in a manner that they express some culpability, and agree to pay.  This will add validity to your claim.  

I am tagging @Inna22, because she has a step by step guide for these situations. Good luck. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

OMG ....grilling inside=?

Unbelievable... I am speechless...

remove the grill... or replace it with one built of bricks so idiots can't move it

@Branka-and-Silvia0  they brought there own grill.