Security deposit refund

Marsha7
Level 2
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Security deposit refund

My guest left over a week ago and still has not seen his security deposit refunded on his card.... How long does that take?
33 Replies 33
Mario309
Level 1
El Paso, TX

Our trip was in Washington from September 7 to 17.  I still have not received a refund of our deposit.  What should I do?  Mario & Maria-Elena Cano

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mario309

Check your statements - airbnb does not charge the security deposit in the first place, so there would be nothing to refund.

@Marit-Anne0

When I booked my reservation, a 500 deposit was taken off of my credit card and I have yet to receive it back. There was no claim filed against me so I am not understanding when ppl sayd that there is nothing to refund. Yes it it, my 500.00! Lol! 

@Sheryl38

Perhaps you booked using a different system? AirBnB does not take deposits.

David

when did you receive your deposit?

Stephanie615
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Hello can you tell me how this was resolved as I’m in the same situation as your tenant and have not received my deposit back with no claim being made by my host?

@Stephanie615

If you booked through ABB you did not pay a deposit.

David

@Stephanie615  

Airbnb Policy  states that "If a host requires a security deposit, the guest doesn’t pay the deposit when they make the reservation. Instead, the guest will be charged if a host makes a claim on their security deposit. "

If you have been charged the deposit contact Airbnb,  it is contrary to their stated policy.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Well, there are all these guests saying that the security deposit was indeed charged to their card. And hosts under the impression that airbnb doesn't actually charge this unless a host makes a claim. Maybe airbnb is actually charging the guests and not refunding? It seems rather strange.

@Sarah977

Have yet to come across anybody who was actually charged when booking and very few who have been charged after causing damage.

David
Lee-Anne4
Level 2
Lusaka, Zambia

I charged a guest for a carpet that was badly stained, however she managed to get it professionally cleaned, which I am satisfied with. 

How does she get back her security deposit?

Barbara1761
Level 1
Jonesboro, GA

My family & I paid a $500 refundable security deposit to AIRBNB prior to our stay. It's been 3 weeks since our stay.  Who should we contact for our refund? The security deposit was debited but, never credited back to us. Please advise. 

Was this already credited back? You may need to contact Airbnb support.

In my case, $110 was first debited on my card, it wasn't really a hold on my savings account because it has been deducted from my balance. AirBnb is very confusing, they are telling that they will only put a hold on the bank account when in fact it has been debited. It was just 3 days since we checked out from the unit we that we booked and I was advised by the airbnb customer service that it will be refunded within 3-7 business days.

Tumi4
Level 1
Gaborone, BW

I have have checked out on the  1 December 2019 and today its 19th of December 2019 and still nothing have been done about my security deposit, please help out please