Security deposit

Diana103
Level 6
Oceanside, CA

Security deposit

I have removed all my listings from Airbnb as their support has all but disappeared.  I had a guest thrash my house. It requires 8-9 hours of cleaning!  Here we have to sign papers as how we will clean during Covid.  But yet when you have additional cleaning and

broken rules, including a

city ordinance.  Airbnb keeps

asking for a bill from a cleaning company.  I clean myself.  So disappointed!  Yet they are offering over $700 to refer a host...but won’t pay around $200 for additional cleaning.   

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Diana103 So sorry to hear that. Airbnb definitely breeds bad guest behavior such as you experienced recently, in part by not taking actual security deposits, and not holding guests accountable for bad behavior. It's quite atrocious.

It is written in the Host Guarantee that receipts and documentation are required to be considered for compensation. If you had read the terms you would have known that, and hired a cleaning company instead of doing the clean up yourself. They may have actually reimbursed you, had you followed the steps as required.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you!  Unfortunately due

to Covid my cleaning lady was not willing to clean the disaster left behind and all the common wrappers.  I’m glad you feel that their

policy is fair.  HOw do you guarantee that cleaners follow Airbnb’s guidelines if wearing masks while they clean unless you are there and do it yourself?  Another reason you should clean yourself and not trust simeone

else to do it