Security of payment

Security of payment

My family and me is about to order a house in Spain. The host is new and (no reviews yet). Can we feel safe as long as we pay through AirBNB?

4 Replies 4
Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

You can indeed feel safe financially, but it would still be a major inconvenience if it turned out there was some show-stopper problem when you arrive and then have to go find alternatives.

So I would ask a lot of questions to the host, and if you get the feeling that everything will be the way you expect it to be then you can make the booking.   Every host started out once, and they didn't have reviews at the time..

Don't worry to much...I am a new host, and just had my first guests. Just see host verifications, ask some questions and see how it goes. One tip - new hosts tend to have lower prices!

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Frantz0 So long as you pay through the Airbnb website and keep all communication through Airbnb's messaging system you should be fine.  It would be advisable to confirm the price and reservation dates before you book just in case this new host hasn't updated their calendar.  

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Frantz0 So long as you pay through the Airbnb website and keep all communication through Airbnb's messaging system you should be fine.  It would be advisable to confirm the price and reservation dates before you book just in case this new host hasn't updated their calendar properly.