Selling of Snacks

Sune1
Level 1
Oudtshoorn, South Africa

Selling of Snacks

I would like to know if it would be ok to have a selection of candy bars/chips and soft drinks available for guests to buy when staying over with a price sticker on all goods?

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Air BNB platform assumes a host is compliant with all rules and regulations of the city or any regulatory agency of the listing, @Sune1.  So the issue is do you need a license to sell the products you are considering?  Of course hotels have the "honor" bar and usually the prices are very high but the convenience is what the guest is buying. 

Many hosts offer snacks for free as part of the value add marketing mentality.   I offer a nice breakfast and almost all my guests mention it in the 5 star reviews.  Just a thought.

I do the same but you have to be so careful if any one has an allergy.

Hi Linda!

I am thinking of offering breakfast also. What kind of breakfast do you provide?@Linda108

Helene-and-Erik0
Level 2
Burlingame, CA

@Sune1 @Linda108  You should google 'Bahabox', it will allow you to offer guests snacks. My wife and I use it to offer local snacks (some free and some paid.)

We no longer offer breakfasts because it has been a pain to work out the timing with each guest, but we do use the Bahabox to offer laundry and extra room cleaning service among other things.

When I googled, it appears this is offered in Austin, Texas.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually, I use the breakfast for several rapport building reasons.  I think my positive reviews are really due to the fact that guests feel special and I use setting up a breakfast as a way to show them they are.