Selling one of my houses

Andrea4872
Level 1
La Altagracia Province, Dominican Republic

Selling one of my houses

Hello, this is my problem:

I have two properties under the same host (ME) 

I’m selling one and the new owner would like to maintain the reservations and go on with the business and I want to maintain my business and my reservations on the one left. Any ideas? Because seems like Airbnb didn’t never have this case 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The reviews and ratings belong to you as the host. @Andrea4872 

You can't transfer your bookings to a new host as guests booked with you in good faith based on your reviews and style of hosting.

what most hosts who are selling a property do when they know they are selling is block off your calendar for longer term bookings so you don't accept booking you know you are likely not to be able to honour.

the new owner can then set up their own listing and start to take bookings in their name for when they know they will be able to operate.

you need to contact your upcoming guests and advise them you have sold the property and let them know the new owner is continuing the business so they could rebook with them.

speak to Airbnb and see if they will  help with these guest cancellations or you may have financial penalties for cancelling bookings you can't honour .

when I sold my house I only opened my calendar for three months in advance to avoid taking bookings i might not be around to host .