Send photos and links to email

Ashley165
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Send photos and links to email

HI, I'm new. BUT, I understand privacy and scams and internet safety etc etc. I know people are dumb and can't understand a scam/identity theft/whatever when they see it. Ok. 

BUT why can't I send links and photos in conversations with guests? Or how can I do this? I tried emailing, I tried on the website, but it sensors them all. AND it always says dont communcate outside of AIRBNB. 

SO tthats all fine, but I'm trying to send a link to a bike sharing platform that has bikes parked outside my house to help guests with transportation and I'm also trying to send photos of the location and how to access the front door, (as it's the back door). I'm trying to make it easier but aribnb is making it harder by trying to make it easier. ha. 

Can I do this. What Can I do. I dont know. I can't even type the word 'google' without it censoring it. Not even an link, just the word.

4 Replies 4
Monika64
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ashley165 I just also realized I could not tell a potential guest that they could use PayPal, the word got cut out from the chat! What the ...??? That is actually one of the Airbnb payment menthods!!! It wasn't censored before so I'm not sure when they started this craziness but it makes it really difficult to give any info to guests.

Try typing the names with spaces in between or spelling out the letters, it use to work before but I'm not sure if it does now. I ended up sending an Airbnb link to the guest about payment method, that went trough, luckily they are not censoring out their own links at least 😞

I typed G Ogle instead of google

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

It does not stop people bypassing the system but it makes it harder.

David

The problem is, by trying to make it more secure, people are more likely to by pass the system thus making it less secure. SO legally they're safe because they said not to, but practically everyone is less safe.