Sending guest a link to another listing

Scott658
Level 1
Ensenada, MX

Sending guest a link to another listing

I have had inquiries from potential guests about one of our listings, and tried to send them a link to another of our properties listed on AirBnB that was more appropriate for the guests.  I'm not trying to send them outside the platform.  I just want them to look at a different property of ours.  The messaging system blocks the listing number as a "phone number".  How do I help a potential guest find our other listing, or is there a way to send them an offer for a different property when they inquire about another one?

5 Replies 5
John47
Level 9
Chatham, MA

You could give them the exact title of other listing and then tell them to find it via your profile.

Or spell out the numbers in text, at least partially.

I have had similar issues with the over aggressive filters also.

I tried both of those things, and neither worked.  I spelled the numbers in Spanish, too.  That didn't work either.  It really gripes me that AirBnB makes it hard to send a prospective guest to another of my own listings.  It should even be possible (and simple) to get an inquiry on a listing and make a special offer on another listing when the situation warrants that.  It really can't be hard to set the system up to do that, so I keep wondering if I'm just not seeing something.  Thanks for your response

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Scott658 I've never had any trouble sending links under airbnb.com. Exactly what is the link you are trying to send?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

If both of the listings are under your account, the guest should just be able to click on your profile photo in the listing they are currently looking at, which will take them to your profile page where all of your listings would show. Then they just click on the other listing.

@Sarah977 
Exactly! And that’s why, if more than two listings on profile, giving the title would help get guests to desired one.

I don’t see why that didn’t work. 

And I am reasonably sure that I have sent a special offer for a different unit/cottage of mine from their original inquiry successfully.