Sending positive to all being affected by Hurricane Sally.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Sending positive to all being affected by Hurricane Sally.

5CD92D57-7C73-4072-BAA0-7DECFAE3342D.jpeg

I live in Darwin, in the Top End of Australia.  North Australia is expecting a big upcoming Wet Season, as we are currently on a La Nina weather alert (70%). 

So my heart goes out to my fellow hosts @Gina383  who are currently in the path of Hurricane Sally. 

So sending positive vibes to all being affected by Hurricane Sally.

I would like other hosts and guests to maybe send comments of support to our colleagues, known and unknown. Internet may be down for Clara, but phone data is still working in some areas. 

I would especially like to send BIG hugs, openly, to our @Clara116 , a regular contributor in our Community Centre forum, as well as the online social ZOOM sessions.

Some may remember Clara doing her cooking thing!

See link:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Interests/Live-from-the-kitchen-let-s-cook-together/m-p/1314669#...

Her gorgeous Airbnb cottage is located in Pensacola, Florida, which has been severely hit by flooding. I have had contact and she says they are okay. Having prepared, lived and cleaned up after Cyclones (typhoons/ hurricanes), I know what that means..... Hard work before it arrives, anxiety and no sleep followed by more tiredness, wrecked gardens at the very least, more hard work than still a LOT of feeling low and very tired. That’s even without any household damage. That’s without the mental health also being bruised....... A sense of isolation,  compounded with Covid19 can really affect mental well-being, without the fright and flooding! 

So to all of you who experienced Sally’s very slow path, or still experiencing Sally’s rain and damage. Our hearts are with you..... x ❤️❤️❤️❤️💐💐💐💐💐🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻😘

@Lizzie , @Stephanie (on leave), @Quincy@Nick , @Christine615 , @Katie , @Liv , @Lawrene0 , @Robin4   @Alexandra316,  @Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Huma0 @Fred13 @Helen3 @Inna22 , @Kelly149 , @Sarah977 , @Anonymous , @Helen427 , @Kath9 .

16 Replies 16

Please see following post. 😊

@Tara-Bunch  and @Catherine-Powell . I’m aware @Clara116 has her own Hurricane Sally issues to deal with, rather than trying to be the gate keeper for other hosts in the area. Surely, CS and policy needs to be a bit flexible as well as negotiable here...... 

Let the hosts cancel penalty free, on condition that they have to provide proof, say within 4-6 weeks from date of environmental emergency, or their case will be re-evaluated. 

Thanks. 💐

I ask as it might be my turn when our Cyclone Season gets underway in the Southern Hemisphere. The exhaustion and lack of facilities can be overwhelming. Dealing with the damage, the sense of urgency for cleanup, the insurers, assessor, assisting family and neighbours. etc etc. There but for the grace of God....... 🌻