Serious technical issue with listing (November 2019 - new Airbnb version)

Dario267
Level 3
Barcelona, Spain

Serious technical issue with listing (November 2019 - new Airbnb version)

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a serious technical issue with the platform (confirmed by Airbnb).

A week ago I realized that my listing had completely disappeared from the platform without making any changes.

The number of visits decreased drastically during the last days and in the end I realized that something weird was happening.

Has anyone of you experienced something similar in recent days, such as the listing doesn't show:
- if some specific fields are not filtered
- even if you have activated the 'instant booking'
- although no recent changes have been made to the host control panel

Your thoughts are very appreciate!
Thanks!

53 Replies 53
Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Dario267This just happened to me today, as well. It looks like the platform has had an update, as all the listings appear differently. This morning (prior to the change) my listing was appearing 5th or 6th for my town. Now it does not appear at all, UNLESS I enter specific dates for which I have availability. A simple search just using my city, and specifying "entire homes" returns nothing, nor does a price filter, nor does the "for work" filter.

I've been on to customer support, who have confirmed that they can't find my listing either, and am currently waiting to hear from tech support.

There are usually 55 listings that appear within a certain area on the map when searching. There are now only 48, so I'm one of the unlucky seven.

Debora151
Level 1
Tweed, Canada

I don't know why they just can't leave their platform alone.  If it's not broken then don't "fix" it.  FB does the same thing.....

Dario267
Level 3
Barcelona, Spain

Thanks for your quick replies.

The good thing that we are not alone, so Airbnb and its technicians has more info in order to fix this issue.

The bad thing is related with time: I just have checked the progress and the visits are less than yesterday. This means to me that the problem hasn't be solved yet.

I trust in Airbnb.com, but in this case the other platforms, on where my property is listed, are saving my business.

@Dario267 Dario267, wondering if this is a team related issue?   are you using the teams feature?  we are and they have had some issues with it recently.  

Sorry Yocencia0,

I am not using this feature.

@Dario267 ok thought that might have been it but it seems much more wide spread.   This other thread has a lot more people having the issue: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Platform-Update-has-made-my-listing-disappear/m-p/117804...

Yocencia0
Level 6
Shepherdstown, WV

Same for our three listings.  Not showing up in any search, waiting for tech support call back (yeah right).  mean while we have several holes in our calendar which is very unusual for us.  Support tries to tell me that they are showing some views for the past two weeks, I explained that yes it was working for some of the past two weeks but isn't now...

I contacted them 3 days ago… They told me to check the portal during the weekend.
BTW, the operator at the phone said that this issue was happening since at least 2 weeks.

Awful!

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Dario267 @Yocencia0 @Debora151 @Jennifer1421 

Have had the same problem, contacted CS and they were asking for screen shots because they were adamant that there was no problem.

They sent an email stating have to use filters ie.dates and number of guests.

This did not explain why some properties were shown and others hidden.

Have replied back to CS

"It is important for properties to be shown without dates as a lot of guests can browse for somewhere to stay and adjust their dates accordingly when they find that “Hidden Gem”
I used to be able to look for properties without including dates it is a shame that you have taken away this facility.
Booking.com shows all properties and then asks for dates, perhaps that is why I now have more bookings from them now that Airbnb have altered their search criteria."

@Chris232 To follow up, if you edit your description it seems to clear the issue but there are a high percentage of listings not showing up...

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Chris232 @Dario267 @Debora151 

Try editing your "Space" description. @Yocencia0 posted on the sister thread that this worked for her, and it worked for me as well.

I'm going to do it… Finger crossed!

Unfortunately for me it's working at 50%… Very sad!!!

Even I have rechecked the 'instant booking', it won't be shown when the filter is ON.

Please confirm the same by your side.

Many thanks in advance and really appreciated your msgs!!!

@Dario267My listing never shows up when using Instant Book as a filter, when I am searching anonymously. I have my IB requirements set to requiring every single requirement, including verification (not just government id), so any anonymous searches, or those who are logged in but don't meet the requirements I've set, would not see my listing using that filter. Perhaps the same is happening with yours?