Service Fee Refund

Harry79
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Service Fee Refund

Hey, I recently booked a trip that had a full refund policy and I also noticed that the service fee can be refunded up to 3x a year, however when I cancelled the trip I got back all the money except for the service fee that was $230AUD.  When I went through the FAQs it directed me to request money from the host, however the service fee is to Airbnb. I noticed it said if any other bookings were made in the same period it would not refund the service fee, but I didn't make any bookings, I had requested a couple, but they had been denied (due to large group). I didn't think these would count as the 3 service fee refunds per year.

Does anyone know how I can get the service fee refunded or how i can contact Airbnb? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Harry79 Contact Airbnb directly using the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/trip_select

Leave some written trace of your claim. Explicitly describe your request for the fee refund. I will refrain from commenting on the way refunds are handled by Airbnb, though (based on reading this forum).

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Harry79
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Using your link I am still unable to contact Airbnb directly, it still wants me to message my host.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway
Will101
Level 3
New York, NY

Airbnb has added a 48 hour clock to the service fee refund.  I noticed it today when browsing some spaces. 

Its now you have to cancel within 48 hours + 3 per year + no overlaps. 

They've decided to charge folks regardless of host policy. 

Iva30
Level 1
Belgrade, Serbia

@Harry79

For how long did you wait the refundation?

I 've heard that it needs up to 10 business days for money to be transfered back to the card.