Setting up new co-hosted listing

Ashley264
Level 3
Halifax, Canada

Setting up new co-hosted listing

Trying to troubleshoot setting up a new co-hosted listing on behalf of new hosts. Demand is growing for me to act as a co-host for current and new hosts. I'm running into a bit of a bottleneck with new hosts. They are asking me to essentially manage the property and communications. However, they like the idea of being the primary host but also want to offload the entire set up of the listing. I see in Airbnb Co-Hosting Help that co-hosts can create listings but I cannot seem to figure out how to do this on behalf of my hosts. All of them are already in the Airbnb community but have been travellers, not hosts. Does anyone know what I'm missing or how to work around this? Appreciate your help.

2 Replies 2
Ana1193
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi @Ashley264, why don't you create the listing from your account, and add them as your cohost? You can set the host as primary host of a listing.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ashley264  They need the listing with them as listing admins because if you decide not to work with them anymore all the reviews go with you, they do not stay with them the location. They would be starting all over again. It's best all the way around that they are the Listing admin.

How it works

These are the 3 types of host that can manage a reservation:

• Listing admin: The person who lists the space in their Airbnb account. This is usually the person who owns, manages, or lives on the property. Guest ratings and reviews will appear on the listing admin’s profile, and will affect their Superhost status.
  • Primary host: The main point of contact for guests before, during, and after their reservation, who's shown as the host on the reservation. If the primary host is also the listing admin, guest ratings and reviews will appear on their profile and affect their Superhost status.
  • Co-host: Someone who helps the host manage their listing and guests. Guest ratings and reviews won’t appear on the co-host’s profile or affect their Superhost status.

The listing admin determines who will be the primary host of a reservation. They can be the primary host themselves, or they can make the co-host the primary host. Both the listing admin and primary host will receive all notifications related to the reservation, but ratings and reviews will only appear on the profile of the listing admin.

Guests will see the primary host on the reservation, and will expect to interact with only the primary host during their stay.