Shampoos

Shampoos

I don't know if any businesses read these but I've been reading a lot about shampoo and totally understand people not wanting to use the little bottles because of the waste and I don't like the idea of just continuing to top off the dispenser type.  They make shampoo bars just like soap but one of these companies could do hotel size and make a fortune!!  Maybe I'll start sending emails...wonder if anyone can make that happen?

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lori2320 What don't you like about refilling the dispensers?

well i read this in a thread lol!  "Just beware of huge hygiene issue. Last year  my super aware friend started to use & refill some really beautiful pump dispensers from Morocco. But without realising when guests used the lavatory for example, and hit the pump some were placing their dirty palm right up against the dispenser. The cleaner didn’t realise and after about 6 bookings, a new guest went to use and horrible brown gunge came out instead of soap. She left scathing review & 1* for cleanliness. So over the long term these ‘refillable’ containers are going to need to be sterilised and flushed out as bacteria will build long term. "

and i was thinking if you keep topping it off you're going to have some pretty old product in there

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Lori2320, @Sarah977 

I use a hands free dispenser.  Available on Amazon, easy to use, contactless soap dispensing.

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

You could make your own and it would be a special gift for your guests.

https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-shampoo-bar-diy/

We just fill the dispensers as it is economical and the guest has an unlimited supply. We use 4 per bathroom. Shampoo, Conditioner, Body wash and Hand soap by the sink.

Jorge

I thought about that!