Sheets are eating my profit

Sheets are eating my profit

Does anyone else have issues with stained sheets?  I have only been a host for 1 year and 4 sets of sheets have been stained and need replaced.  It looks like grease stain on all of them and I have tried everything to get it out.  Maybe the guests are eating in bed?  Does anyone else have this problem or have a trick for getting tough stains out?  I have tried buying different color sheets but you can see the stain no matter what the color is.

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Michelle250 I have learnt to not use jersey sheets (easy to make holes in). White ones are easy to bleach. I mostly use stain removers with active oxygene.

But I must admit I have never had a big problem with greasy stains - they usually come off. The biggest problem is blood and red wine.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Michelle250 Try using Pinsol on “grease” and oil based stains. Take the stained sheet and spot soak the stain in Pinesol overnight. We have guest that use sun screen and oils and this works for us. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Marzena4

jersey sheets are bad bc they schrink , get holes and dry long too

@Michelle250 white sheets are the best, you can use bleach, wash on 90 C etc... we didn't have problems with sheet stains but with bath towels and make up and all kind of strange unbeatable stains

@Branka-and-Silvia0 Mine got holes even before shrinking. 😉

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Michelle250 No problems here. We use white IKEA sheets, bleaching every 3-4 guests.