Sheets, towels and extras during Covid

Virginia579
Level 2
Tualatin, OR

Sheets, towels and extras during Covid

We normally put out multiple sheet sets, towels and other general use items. I'm wondering if you all are continuing to do that, or simply offering to give them more, should the need arise?  Otherwise, do you wash sheets and towels that were not used but were in the space of the guest?

9 Replies 9
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Virginia579 ,

At present for the hygienic reason, I do recommend guest bring themselves, towels, bedsheets, pillows cover and quilt cover.

I do not provide soft furnishing during covid and I have the pillow, mattress protectors.

I just need to wash the protectors, sanitize the bedding items after the guest checks out,

and wash the hand's towel even they not used.

Meanwhile, most of my guest are coming by car or train from another city.

They're to do that, no issues.

Happy Hosting.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi

We only leave out the minimum required.

There's as washer and dryer in the premises should they need to launder  anything during their stary,

We found the more we left out, the more they used. And it was difficult sometimes to know what was used or not so had to wash it all anyway.

That's what I've been thinking: 1 set of sheets on the bed and if they need another they can let me know. We leave 2 towels/person for up to a 4 day stay. That sound about right?

@Virginia579  I give guests 2 bath towels, a hand towel, and a washcloth. Fresh ones after a week. If they have a booking that is over a week, I offer halfway through- at 5 days on a 10 day booking.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Virginia579,

All of my listings have laundry appliances.  Generally, we provide one set of bath towels (bath, hand, wash, makeup/face) per guest, and one set of sheets per bed.  For long-term stays, we may provide two sets of towels and sheets.  We wash everything, whether it looks used or not, after each stay.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Virginia579 All extra throws etc have been removed from our listings. A full set of sheets/duvet covers per bed and towels is the only thing we provide.

I don't like the idea of not supplying bed linen as some guests are likely to use the beds/duvets without coverings which is even less hygienic. 

Fiona719
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

What provisions are you providing?-in NZ we have been relatively covid-free, apart from Auckland, which has been in lockdown. Sadly covid is now spreading & is in our area.I used to provide a continental breakfast , left in the fridge, plus containers of tea, coffee, sugar etc; also  communal use bathroom products. I am loathe to do this now, & wonder what others provide during these times.

@Fiona719  Covid is transferred through respiration, not through food or cosmetic products. 

I don't see anything wrong or dangerous with leaving tea, coffee, sugar, large containers of soap, shampoo, etc. 

Just sterilize the outside of the containers and let guests know this has been done.

Thankyou for your support