Should I pause my experience or just block the dates?

Answered!
Chris714
Level 2
Paris, France

Should I pause my experience or just block the dates?

Hi all, 

I have an active experience (a walking tour) and will be going on vacation soon. Any insights on why pausing the experience might be better than just blocking the dates? My understanding is that by pausing I will lose my spot in the rating's algorythm (so less views on AirBnB's offering pages) and may need to lower prices etc to get back up to where I am now. The upside of pausing is that I don't need to check in during a vacation. Is this more or less right? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Chris 

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your understanding is correct, @Chris714.  If you are willing and able to respond to inquiries and booking requests,  blocking dates will allow potential guests to communicate with you.  If you cannot or do not want to be bothered during your vacation, it is best to snooze or pause.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your understanding is correct, @Chris714.  If you are willing and able to respond to inquiries and booking requests,  blocking dates will allow potential guests to communicate with you.  If you cannot or do not want to be bothered during your vacation, it is best to snooze or pause.

Super clear, fast and helpful. Many thanks. 

Chris 

Anneke12
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

How do I block dates which has been previously allocated for an experience?